Recruitment campaigns - general topic

Discuss the JPO, YPP, NETI, Fit Pool and other recruitment campaigns here. This includes generic Roster campaigns, too.

Moderator: wlimiadyx

Forum rules
Please limit discussions to recruitment drives, emerging talent initiatives etc. General discussion about jobs is here: viewforum.php?f=4 - thanks!
Sebastian

Recruitment campaigns - general topic

Post by Sebastian » 22 Oct 2018, 08:12

Hi all,

we can discuss recruitment campaigns and special programmes in this generic thread. Between @wlimiadyx and myself we will soon setup threads to track individual programmes and collect knowledge for those.

In the meantime if you have anything to ask or share around JPOs, YPP, NETI, Fit Pool or any other recruitment campaigns - please share in this thread! Thanks!
I'm Sebastian from the UN Job List. I know about the UN Job List and also a little about the UN in general.

wlimiadyx

Re: Recruitment campaigns - general topic

Post by wlimiadyx » 23 Oct 2018, 00:59

Sebastian wrote:
22 Oct 2018, 08:12
Hi all,

we can discuss recruitment campaigns and special programmes in this generic thread. Between @wlimiadyx and myself we will soon setup threads to track individual programmes and collect knowledge for those.

In the meantime if you have anything to ask or share around JPOs, YPP, NETI, Fit Pool or any other recruitment campaigns - please share in this thread! Thanks!
Sebastian,

Thanks for starting this Forum.

As Seb mentioned earlier, our intention to create this new platform is to assist those aspiring UN job-seekers who are planning to apply to annual/bi-annual recruitment campaign. Recruitment Campaign is unique in a way that it's targeting mid-level career professionals who want to jump-start P-level career in the UN whereby competition is pretty much open. The way this forum works should allow you folks to match your recruitment journey and shared your experience with fellow candidates about your interview process, when you receive emails from HRM, and of course to let us know whether you are successful or not. We understand that this journey can be quite frustrating and lonely most of the times, so we're here to share the joy (and pain) :D

Before we officially launch the thread and create easy-to-use tracking system, hopefully before Jan 2019, we would open this forum to tell us what existing the regular campaign series are. I have collected a few information and the list goes as follows:

1. Young Professional Programme/YPP (P-1, P-2)
Recruiter: 1 - UN HQ
Type: Annual
Eligible candidates: Select few countries; differs every year
Job topics: Legal affairs, Social affairs, Statistics; differs every year

2. Junior Professional Programme/JPO (P-1, P-2)
Recruiters: Minimum 1 - UN Specialized Agencies and other bodies; differs every year
Type: Annual & Biannual
Eligible candidates: From under-represented and non-represented countries; differs every year
Job topics: Differs every year

3. Associate Professional Programme/APO (P-2, P-3)
Recruiters: Minimum 1 - UN Specialized Agencies and other bodies; differs every year
Type: Annual & Biannual
Eligible candidates: Usually from donor countries

We can open dedicated threads for JPO and APO applicants as the recruitment process is very topic-specific and handled independently by different UN Bodies.

3. New and Emerging Talent Initiative/NETI (P-3)
Recruiter: UNICEF
Eligible candidates: Open for all countries

4. Future International Talent/FIT Pool (P-2, P-3, P-4)
Recruiter: WFP
Eligible candidates: Open for all countries

5. Others - please continue the list and follow the format

Any feedback are welcome.

Thanks and let's make it happen, everyone!
Cheers

Will

jayjaytom2002

Post by jayjaytom2002 » 09 Jan 2019, 15:54

i have seen that all the advertised jobs are for rooster members. what shall i do to be on rooster

Regards
Thomas Jay Kanu

rums22

Post by rums22 » 19 Feb 2019, 11:40

Hi all,
I applied for consultant role with the Stop TB partnership. According to the position description it's a 'roster recruitment'. Does that mean you would have to apply for specific jobs even if you're successful in getting through this application process?

Kind Regards,

Ramona