YPP - Programme

Discuss the JPO, YPP, NETI, Fit Pool and other recruitment campaigns here. This includes generic Roster campaigns, too.

Moderator: wlimiadyx

Forum rules
Please limit discussions to recruitment drives, emerging talent initiatives etc. General discussion about jobs is here: viewforum.php?f=4 - thanks!
wlimiadyx

YPP - Programme

Post by wlimiadyx » 30 Oct 2018, 03:12

Hello everyone,

YPP Recruitment Campaign for batch 2017 (POLNET) and 2018 (SOCIAL AFFAIRS) has officially kicked off with first interview this month.

Those of you who want to share stories, feel free to drop comments here!
Cheers

Will

mdr

Re: YPP 2018

Post by mdr » 30 Oct 2018, 14:44

Do you mean for YPP 2017? I think the other 2 job families completed interviews much earlier so are you referring to POLNET? Haha guess I didn't pass as I didn't get a notification (rejections tend to happen about a month or so after the interviews are done). The FB groups (YPP 2017 POLNET and YPP 2018 Social Affairs) have been in an uproar with the wait.

wlimiadyx

Re: YPP 2018

Post by wlimiadyx » 31 Oct 2018, 00:23

mdr wrote:
30 Oct 2018, 14:44
Do you mean for YPP 2017? I think the other 2 job families completed interviews much earlier so are you referring to POLNET? Haha guess I didn't pass as I didn't get a notification (rejections tend to happen about a month or so after the interviews are done). The FB groups (YPP 2017 POLNET and YPP 2018 Social Affairs) have been in an uproar with the wait.
Thanks for clarifying, mdr.

The forum is meant for all YPP openings, specifically those who are still in the running. I just realised the recruitment campaign for YPP 2017 POLNET is not over yet so I will revise the forum label accordingly.

Would you be able to inform your friends in FB groups to drop by and share their experience over here? Since FB groups are sometimes restricted to member only, I hope this platform would be accessible publicly. Besides, the more the merrier!

Thanks, mdr!
Cheers

Will

mdr

Re: YPP - Programme

Post by mdr » 31 Oct 2018, 04:50

For the groups I mentioned, most people are just lamenting about the process and if there was anyone who got to the interview stage, they have been awfully quiet about it.. I have a friend who passed YPP 2016 and she was reluctant to share about her progress except to our much smaller study group. Similarly, I'm in a number of related YPP groups and I've not noticed successful candidates doing the same.

Sebastian

Post by Sebastian » 03 Nov 2018, 07:20

mdr wrote:
31 Oct 2018, 04:50
For the groups I mentioned, most people are just lamenting about the process and if there was anyone who got to the interview stage, they have been awfully quiet about it.. I have a friend who passed YPP 2016 and she was reluctant to share about her progress except to our much smaller study group. Similarly, I'm in a number of related YPP groups and I've not noticed successful candidates doing the same.
Thanks much for the update - indeed, I think you touch on a very important issue: some people seem reluctant to share their experience (even if it is anonymised) - which makes it hard for others to gauge if they are "the norm" or "the exception" - any idea on how to change this and how to allow people to freely compare notes in a forum like this is much appreciated!
I'm Sebastian from the UN Job List. I know about the UN Job List and also a little about the UN in general.

mdr

Post by mdr » 10 Dec 2018, 14:28

Update: So last week I got an email from YPP saying I didn't make it to the 2nd exam round (for Social Affairs) which is happening this week. The funny thing is despite how usually raucous the YPP FB groups usually are- there's been pretty much dead silence. Only one person announced she made it and I reckon I was the only one who updated about the rejection email. Although I suspect the groups will have their usual activity after the 2nd exam is completed.

Sebastian

Post by Sebastian » 15 Dec 2018, 11:13

mdr wrote:
10 Dec 2018, 14:28
Update: So last week I got an email from YPP saying I didn't make it to the 2nd exam round (for Social Affairs) which is happening this week. The funny thing is despite how usually raucous the YPP FB groups usually are- there's been pretty much dead silence. Only one person announced she made it and I reckon I was the only one who updated about the rejection email. Although I suspect the groups will have their usual activity after the 2nd exam is completed.
Thanks so much for posting the update. And so sorry to hear that you didn't succeed this time :(
I'm Sebastian from the UN Job List. I know about the UN Job List and also a little about the UN in general.

mdr

Post by mdr » 15 Dec 2018, 12:13

Sebastian wrote:
15 Dec 2018, 11:13

Thanks so much for posting the update. And so sorry to hear that you didn't succeed this time :(
Yeah, too bad but thanks! I'll try again next year ;) And yeah, this was what I meant by people who made it but are reluctant to share more info. I understand about wanting to be more discreet or even anonymous but I wonder why so many (in the YPP at least) feel that way.