Success stories!

Everything about application processes, test, interviews, offers etc. Also share your success stories in this forum!
Papa
Posts: 24
Joined: 29 Aug 2018, 20:54
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Success stories!

Post by Papa » 06 Dec 2018, 19:15

Thanks a lot Starryhindsight

starryhindsight
Posts: 37
Joined: 21 Sep 2018, 14:41
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 20 times

Re: Success stories!

Post by starryhindsight » 08 Dec 2018, 22:16

You just have to wait a bit more, could be a few days or maybe a week, then a formal offer would appear and you accept that offer and can proceed to do all the other procedures.. It will still take some time before the entire process is complete (depending on your duty station) so as they warn you, don't quit your job yet.

Papa
Posts: 24
Joined: 29 Aug 2018, 20:54
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Success stories!

Post by Papa » 09 Dec 2018, 05:24

starryhindsight wrote:
08 Dec 2018, 22:16
You just have to wait a bit more, could be a few days or maybe a week, then a formal offer would appear and you accept that offer and can proceed to do all the other procedures.. It will still take some time before the entire process is complete (depending on your duty station) so as they warn you, don't quit your job yet.
Hey Starryhindsight
Thanks a lot for the heads up, I have been reading your experience plus that of HOP, I think this is another waiting game all together. I have been patience for so long let me just continue to wait. Thanks a lot and good luck

Papa
Posts: 24
Joined: 29 Aug 2018, 20:54
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Success stories!

Post by Papa » 13 Dec 2018, 09:12

H.O.P wrote:
01 Oct 2018, 07:51
starryhindsight wrote:
01 Oct 2018, 04:10
H.O.P wrote:
27 Sep 2018, 13:52


Wow! Congratulations! How long did you wait between reference checking and receiving an offer? I am still waiting on them. I am wondering now if I should send a gentle reminder to see if there is a problem?
It was pretty much the next day, but I submitted all my academic documents early on, so there wasn't much else to check aside from filling up information such as country of departure, emergency contacts, etc. Now I am in contact with them about accepting the offer, sending my bank information and doing some tests online. I am still waiting for medical clearance.

I guess UNV might be slow, I've heard complaints, so I think you shouldn't necessarily worry. Also I think that your duty station is a lot more complicated than mine, information wise, and conditions wise (visa/medical clearance), so maybe it takes a bit more time. But anyway I think you can also go ahead and send a gentle reminder, UNV does the hiring so it's not like they would withdraw your offer just because you are a little bit persistent.
Thanks for getting back to me. They finally sent mine in the evening of 30th September. They took about a bit over a week. I guess it's true my duty station is more difficult.

Hey Starryhindsight
Hope your boarding process is going smoothly. I have query concerning Advanced security certificate. I have done BSAFE and harassment modules and uploaded them. But I have realized that Advanced and basic security modules were merged to create BSAFE. How did you go about it? Because Vmam.unv still requires I upload the certificate

H.O.P
Posts: 83
Joined: 21 Sep 2018, 11:51
Has thanked: 30 times
Been thanked: 22 times

Re: Success stories!

Post by H.O.P » 13 Dec 2018, 20:19

Papa wrote:
13 Dec 2018, 09:12
H.O.P wrote:
01 Oct 2018, 07:51
starryhindsight wrote:
01 Oct 2018, 04:10


It was pretty much the next day, but I submitted all my academic documents early on, so there wasn't much else to check aside from filling up information such as country of departure, emergency contacts, etc. Now I am in contact with them about accepting the offer, sending my bank information and doing some tests online. I am still waiting for medical clearance.

I guess UNV might be slow, I've heard complaints, so I think you shouldn't necessarily worry. Also I think that your duty station is a lot more complicated than mine, information wise, and conditions wise (visa/medical clearance), so maybe it takes a bit more time. But anyway I think you can also go ahead and send a gentle reminder, UNV does the hiring so it's not like they would withdraw your offer just because you are a little bit persistent.
Thanks for getting back to me. They finally sent mine in the evening of 30th September. They took about a bit over a week. I guess it's true my duty station is more difficult.

Hey Starryhindsight
Hope your boarding process is going smoothly. I have query concerning Advanced security certificate. I have done BSAFE and harassment modules and uploaded them. But I have realized that Advanced and basic security modules were merged to create BSAFE. How did you go about it? Because Vmam.unv still requires I upload the certificate
The tests I did were separate. Did you do the BSAFE on the UNDSS website? Actually, you should have done the separate courses i.e. Basic Security and Advanced Security since the system requires you submit two different certificates. Without uploading the certificates, your profile won't reflect you've completed it. Maybe just take the tests since you already did the coursework previously.

Papa
Posts: 24
Joined: 29 Aug 2018, 20:54
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Success stories!

Post by Papa » 13 Dec 2018, 20:49

Hey H.O.P
Thanks a lot for your response. I did the one on Sexual harassment which is in E-campus. Then I did BSAFE in Training.dss. The Basic security and advanced security modules seemed deactivated. Then I read the below statement...


BSAFE is the new online security awareness training. It replaces both Basic Security in the Field (BSITF) and Advanced Security in the Field (ASITF)

H.O.P
Posts: 83
Joined: 21 Sep 2018, 11:51
Has thanked: 30 times
Been thanked: 22 times

Re: Success stories!

Post by H.O.P » 13 Dec 2018, 21:17

Papa wrote:
13 Dec 2018, 20:49
Hey H.O.P
Thanks a lot for your response. I did the one on Sexual harassment which is in E-campus. Then I did BSAFE in Training.dss. The Basic security and advanced security modules seemed deactivated. Then I read the below statement...


BSAFE is the new online security awareness training. It replaces both Basic Security in the Field (BSITF) and Advanced Security in the Field (ASITF)
Oh really! I did mine 2 months ago so I guess it changed just recently. You can contact your recruitment officer (the person who sent you the medical form) in UNV explaining this and see what they will tell you.

Papa
Posts: 24
Joined: 29 Aug 2018, 20:54
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Success stories!

Post by Papa » 14 Dec 2018, 12:33

H.O.P wrote:
13 Dec 2018, 21:17
Papa wrote:
13 Dec 2018, 20:49
Hey H.O.P
Thanks a lot for your response. I did the one on Sexual harassment which is in E-campus. Then I did BSAFE in Training.dss. The Basic security and advanced security modules seemed deactivated. Then I read the below statement...


BSAFE is the new online security awareness training. It replaces both Basic Security in the Field (BSITF) and Advanced Security in the Field (ASITF)
Oh really! I did mine 2 months ago so I guess it changed just recently. You can contact your recruitment officer (the person who sent you the medical form) in UNV explaining this and see what they will tell you.
Hey H.O.P
Just written my contact to guide me further on the issue. Thanks a lot for your response

starryhindsight
Posts: 37
Joined: 21 Sep 2018, 14:41
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 20 times

Re: Success stories!

Post by starryhindsight » 17 Dec 2018, 12:37

Yeah I did mine 2 months ago so it was the Basic 2 and Advanced Security. I just uploaded those instead of the BSAFE. I start work right after New Year and have already bought flight and was told residency stuff would be settled once I arrive on the ground. Really looking forward to it.

Papa
Posts: 24
Joined: 29 Aug 2018, 20:54
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Success stories!

Post by Papa » 17 Dec 2018, 17:04

Hey Starryhindsight
All the best in your new duty station and thanks for your word of encouragement. I did BSAFE instead of Basic and advanced security. I am waiting for the medical clearance. Once again congratulation!!

Post Reply