Application Timeline

Everything about application processes, test, interviews, offers etc. Also share your success stories in this forum!
urbanist

Re: Application Timeline

Post by urbanist » 17 Sep 2018, 13:23

Thanks to Starbuck and Merman for the insight! I don't think we should expect any progress this week as the IAEA general conference is taking place, but I think I will send a gentle inquiry to the HR contact on my recruitment if I don't hear anything by the end of next week.

Anja

Post by Anja » 17 Sep 2018, 13:36

urbanist wrote:
17 Sep 2018, 13:23
Thanks to Starbuck and Merman for the insight! I don't think we should expect any progress this week as the IAEA general conference is taking place, but I think I will send a gentle inquiry to the HR contact on my recruitment if I don't hear anything by the end of next week.
That’s what I would do if I was in your shoes, too.

Starbuck

Post by Starbuck » 18 Sep 2018, 06:58

Hi Urbanist! They told me at the interview that it will take 8-12 weeks. I agree about GC and that there will be no news this week. Also, it can take a while longer because of the vacation season behind us, so things could have been on hold in that period. Keep us posted. Best of luck!

Starbuck

Post by Starbuck » 20 Sep 2018, 15:40

Dear all, I got the offer! The process was a lot shorter than I expected.

urbanist

Post by urbanist » 20 Sep 2018, 16:01

Congrats Starbuck! Any details you can share about the offer, i.e. did your account update and the form of offer? I recall you saying earlier that your withdraw button was gone a few weeks ago - my (wild) speculation would be that the decision was made then and that it took them until now to formally draw up the offer letter.

Sebastian

Post by Sebastian » 20 Sep 2018, 17:36

Starbuck wrote:
20 Sep 2018, 15:40
Congrats!
I'm Sebastian from the UN Job List. I know about the UN Job List and also a little about the UN in general.

Ndechitu

Post by Ndechitu » 20 Sep 2018, 17:41

Starbuck wrote:
Congratulations Starbuck. On that note, I got selected to take up a General Service position on September 12th in Nairobi, an email that was sent by the Administration Office in New York, to which they gave me 5 days to agree to take up the position. I sent my reply on the same day agreeing to it and still on the same day, the New York Administration Office replied to the email stating that they received my agreement to taking up the position and Cc'd HR staff in Nairobi. My question is how long does it take before I receive the contract of employment and what is involved considering the 5 days have lapsed?

Starbuck

Post by Starbuck » 20 Sep 2018, 19:44

urbanist wrote:
20 Sep 2018, 16:01
Congrats Starbuck! Any details you can share about the offer, i.e. did your account update and the form of offer? I recall you saying earlier that your withdraw button was gone a few weeks ago - my (wild) speculation would be that the decision was made then and that it took them until now to formally draw up the offer letter.
I think that the same thing with withdraw button happened to someone with the nick tsarr from the previous forum, he/she also got the offer. It could be that they select a candidate (or candidates) and than the withdraw is removed, so you don't accidentally do it. Still, I think there is no way to know are you in or out and how many serious candidates are there just by looking at your taleo page.
I was contacted by phone first, than I got an e-mail. Offer appears as a new tab in taleo account with all the info and docs you need.
Thank you all, but there is still a long way to go

Starbuck

Post by Starbuck » 20 Sep 2018, 19:51

Ndechitu wrote:
20 Sep 2018, 17:41
Starbuck wrote:
Congratulations Starbuck. On that note, I got selected to take up a General Service position on September 12th in Nairobi, an email that was sent by the Administration Office in New York, to which they gave me 5 days to agree to take up the position. I sent my reply on the same day agreeing to it and still on the same day, the New York Administration Office replied to the email stating that they received my agreement to taking up the position and Cc'd HR staff in Nairobi. My question is how long does it take before I receive the contract of employment and what is involved considering the 5 days have lapsed?
Thank you and congrats to you too Ndechitu! I really have no idea, it's first time for me too.

Murman

Post by Murman » 20 Sep 2018, 23:24

Starbuck wrote:
WOOHOO!!!!! Delighted for you Starbuck. Success stories like this give us all hope! Thanks very much for sharing, and please do continue to let us know about the process of getting started! Any info you're willing to share about the position and duty station?