UNICEF: Does "Vacancy Expired" mean the position has been filled, or does it only refer to the application period?

Everything about application processes, test, interviews, offers etc. Also share your success stories in this forum!
blank_space

UNICEF: Does "Vacancy Expired" mean the position has been filled, or does it only refer to the application period?

Post by blank_space » 27 Dec 2018, 17:45

Hi all,

Quick question — If a vacancy is listed as "expired" in the UNICEF system, does that simply mean they are no longer taking applications, or that the application process has ended and they have selected a candidate? My current application status for a posting that stopped taking applications on Dec 5 is "Application Acknowledgement." I applied in November.

Thank you for any input or help!

NevKen

Re: UNICEF: Does "Vacancy Expired" mean the position has been filled, or does it only refer to the application period?

Post by NevKen » 27 Dec 2018, 21:25

Expired logically mean cancelled/ended (in terms of VA - what is ended the closing date or the Vacancy is cancelled - it's hard to say without knowing exact days of status updates). If the closing date was set December 5 and now the VA is expired (as you mentioned) first thing you make sure when the VA status been updated ? (not the application status)....

Sebastian

Re: UNICEF: Does "Vacancy Expired" mean the position has been filled, or does it only refer to the application period?

Post by Sebastian » 28 Dec 2018, 19:45

blank_space wrote:
27 Dec 2018, 17:45
Hi all,

Quick question — If a vacancy is listed as "expired" in the UNICEF system, does that simply mean they are no longer taking applications, or that the application process has ended and they have selected a candidate? My current application status for a posting that stopped taking applications on Dec 5 is "Application Acknowledgement." I applied in November.

Thank you for any input or help!
In UNICEF that should mean that they don't take any applications any longer. The moment it says "Recruitment outcome" or similar the candidate has been selected...
I'm Sebastian from the UN Job List. I know about the UN Job List and also a little about the UN in general.

blank_space

Post by blank_space » 28 Dec 2018, 21:05

Thank you! I will keep you updated here as I hear more.

djiedjom

Post by djiedjom » 07 Feb 2019, 14:16

how to know the status of my application?

blank_space

Post by blank_space » 15 Feb 2019, 19:24

UNICEF creates a profile for you when you apply, you can see the application status on your dashboard.