Page 1 of 1

NO-B (National Officer) with a Permanent Residency?

Posted: 19 Feb 2019, 12:14
by ammi187
I am in the process of applying for a position with the UN in Kenya, they have sometimes NO-B or NO-C jobs advertised. Some UN agencies state clearly that the position is only for nationals, some specify it is for nationals OR people who have the right to live and work in the country. I am a Permanent Resident holder in Kenya as my wife is Kenyan, now I wonder if I can apply for NO-B or NO-C jobs or not. Does every UN agency have its own HR policies? I would wonder and I somehow doubt that. So the question is can I apply or not?

Re: NO-B (National Officer) with a Permanent Residency?

Posted: 23 Feb 2019, 04:21
by ichtus
You have observed it yourself: not all UN entities follow the same HR policies. So there' no definite answer to your question. :)
Just go for every opportunity.