How long to hear back after interview?

Everything about application processes, test, interviews, offers etc. Also share your success stories in this forum!
Mer

Re: How long to hear back after interview?

Post by Mer » 28 Jul 2020, 13:21

CKI wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 17:28
Hi Mer, no reply yet. What about you?
Hello @CKI still nothing! I reached out to HR Yesterday and they replied (almost right away!) that the process is not yet finalized and that it might take a few more weeks... at least they replied which makes me hopeful for a positive outcome. I think COVID is impacting the process and making it even longer.

The same email told me that I would receive an inspira notification as soon as the process is finished. My friends in the secretariat have told me that this is how you get notified in any cases (whether your selected or rostered or nothing).

However, the hiring manager has told me when I followed up with her about a month 1/2 ago that I would hear back from HRMS.

Nothing more to do then wait!

CKI

Post by CKI » 04 Sep 2020, 07:31

Hi Mer, any update on the outcome. I had enquired about outcome to the HR, as per them, it is taking longer time than usual.

Mer

Post by Mer » 08 Sep 2020, 15:19

Hello @CKI
still nothing. I have reached out to HR in mid-August and was told 'the hiring case is still with the executive office' which has been the case since end of june.

However, something very weird happened: 3 weeks ago, I reached out to one of my interviewer to see if there was any update. The person answered right away telling me that there were still no news. Then, yesterday, the same person wrote to me again telling me that another opening (exact same job) had just been posted in another field station and if I was interested to work in that country I should apply. I wrote back to tell her that in fact, I had a pplied for this position as well (closing end of september). She replied again saying that it was "a good thing" that I have applied for this other position and that HMRS will let me know about the first position shortly.... whatever that means??

I guess I might have been roastered for the first position which is why this person is asking me to apply for the second? Any thoughts?

Mer

Post by Mer » 26 Sep 2020, 15:13

Finally heard back yesterday, as I suspected, I was rostered! This explains why the hiring manager reached out to me to ask me to apply for another position.

The only thing I’m wondering now is wether I can be considered as a roster applicant for this second position since I was rostered the day after it closed? I reached out to the HM to ask.

My interview was on May 21st, so it took 4 months to hear back! I’m happy with the results and hope to get the second position!

Will keep you guys updated.

How about you @CKI ? Any news?

CKI

Post by CKI » 11 Oct 2020, 08:27

Congratulations Mer for being selected on the Roster. Hope you will get the position soon. As far as I am concerned, there is still no clarity from the HR. Indeed, there has been no update since August first week. The FAO portal still shows the position is active, which means they have not finalised the same.

Hope some news will come from their side.