Success stories!

Everything about application processes, test, interviews, offers etc. Also share your success stories in this forum!
Jupiter

Re: Success stories!

Post by Jupiter » 02 May 2019, 20:45

H.O.P wrote:
02 May 2019, 18:44
Jupiter wrote:
02 May 2019, 18:26
Hello,

Guys i am so happyyyy. I got selected for a JPO position at UNHCR. One thing i can tell you is to continue applying especially for those hard duty stations you will get more chances of being selected. Glory to God.🙏
Big congrats! Enjoy the field.
Thank you HOP, I would like to thank Sebastian and the rest of the team for your insights and guidances regarding the UN process. There is few informations available concerning the UN hiring timeline and process.

Lisa

Post by Lisa » 03 May 2019, 11:51

Hey everyone,
I've been following this site for sometime, but I just registered today. I must say that it's so helpful and I've learnt slot. Thank you all for sharing your experiences, thanks Sebastian!
I applied for a P2 in Geneva in December last year. In February I was informed that I had been shortlisted and was invited to do an online assessment test which I did in mid-March. Towards the end of April I was informed (via email) that I had passed the test and was invited for a Skype competence-based interview on 30th April. I did the interview and I think it went well.
Today (3 days later) I'm so anxious for a response, this waiting game is not easy.
Does anyone know how long it will take to hear from them? Will they inform me before contacting my references? What sort of questions do they ask to the references? Is the reference check done via email or telephone?
Please share if you have any information. Thanks

Jupiter

Post by Jupiter » 03 May 2019, 18:45

Lisa wrote:
03 May 2019, 11:51
Hey everyone,
I've been following this site for sometime, but I just registered today. I must say that it's so helpful and I've learnt slot. Thank you all for sharing your experiences, thanks Sebastian!
I applied for a P2 in Geneva in December last year. In February I was informed that I had been shortlisted and was invited to do an online assessment test which I did in mid-March. Towards the end of April I was informed (via email) that I had passed the test and was invited for a Skype competence-based interview on 30th April. I did the interview and I think it went well.
Today (3 days later) I'm so anxious for a response, this waiting game is not easy.
Does anyone know how long it will take to hear from them? Will they inform me before contacting my references? What sort of questions do they ask to the references? Is the reference check done via email or telephone?
Hello lisa,

For my case they contacted me after 4 weeks, it is a jpo position with P2 grade. They asked me to send 3 references. I will updates you soon if i get more news of how references are checked. I know it isn't easy to wait but the process is normally lengthy. Things will be fine. I can't believe up this time that i got selected. It is like i am dreaming. One thing i can say it is possible to enter at the UN without any help.

cherrygirl

Post by cherrygirl » 04 May 2019, 12:52

Jupiter wrote:
03 May 2019, 18:45
Lisa wrote:
Hey everyone,
Hello lisa,

For my case they contacted me after 4 weeks, it is a jpo position with P2 grade. They asked me to send 3 references. I will updates you soon if i get more news of how references are checked. I know it isn't easy to wait but the process is normally lengthy. Things will be fine. I can't believe up this time that i got selected. It is like i am dreaming. One thing i can say it is possible to enter at the UN without any help.
Congrats for reaching to the ref check stage. You are almost there!!
I am still at the waiting stage after sending out the ref details exactly a month ago!

Ravindra

Post by Ravindra » 05 May 2019, 05:53

Hi! I just interviewed for the JPO position in the UN Department of peacekeeping operation, it been an anxious time since then. It's been just three days from the interview date. When should I expect to hear from them? Will they ask me to provide references?

Lisa

Post by Lisa » 05 May 2019, 09:54

Jupiter wrote:
Lisa wrote:
Hey everyone,
Hello lisa,

Hey Jupiter,
Thanks for the response and encouraging words. Congratulations for reaching up to this point. Yes I agree with you, it is possible to enter the UN without any help. I'm glad i've come this far. Please keep us posted on how references are checked, as well as on your progress in this.
For information, I've been shortlisted for a UN volunteer post in CAR (Central African Republic), I'm waiting to be interviewed. I hear the process for the UNV is quicker. I guess if I'm selected for this I will accept as I wait on for the P2 in Geneva. I'm praying and keeping up the hope!

Lisa

Post by Lisa » 05 May 2019, 10:01

cherrygirl wrote:
04 May 2019, 12:52
Jupiter wrote:
Lisa wrote:
Hey everyone,
Hello lisa,

Congrats for reaching to the ref check stage. You are almost there!!
I am still at the waiting stage after sending out the ref details exactly a month ago!
Dear Cherrygirl,
Thanks, congratulations too! Do you have any idea on whether they have contacted you refs? Maybe you could find out from them if they have been contacted. I'd be glad to hear from you on what kind of questions they ask to the refs and whether the ref check is written or via phone. Waiting..patience...and persistence are the virtues of this game. Goodluck!!! Looking forward to hearing good news from you. Keep us posted.

Trex

Post by Trex » 08 May 2019, 11:32

Any idea about what exactly happens after the reference check. My guess is HR sends the profile to director of section and get's their approval.

Farouk B

Post by Farouk B » 09 May 2019, 15:39

Hello hopefulls,
Please help me here, i have filled and sent back two medical examination forms for UNCRD jobs one in p4 grade but i have never recieved any offer. What comes first, is it medical examination form or offer letter?
And for my case am topd to do it with my respective physician from a renown government hospital, which i have done and has been costly and sent back.
July 2018 is when i applied
November 2018 is when i did a written competency based interview
January 2019 i recieved a medical examination form.. And now its May 2019 i dont know whatsgoing on?

lena

Post by lena » 11 May 2019, 08:02

Farouk B wrote:
09 May 2019, 15:39
Hello hopefulls,
Please help me here, i have filled and sent back two medical examination forms for UNCRD jobs one in p4 grade but i have never recieved any offer. What comes first, is it medical examination form or offer letter?
And for my case am topd to do it with my respective physician from a renown government hospital, which i have done and has been costly and sent back.
July 2018 is when i applied
November 2018 is when i did a written competency based interview
January 2019 i recieved a medical examination form.. And now its May 2019 i dont know whatsgoing on?
Have you tried contacting them? Or doing a follow up with the HR person? I'm guessing that at this point they should have an answer. It has been too long.