Success stories!

Everything about application processes, test, interviews, offers etc. Also share your success stories in this forum!
Papa

Re: Success stories!

Post by Papa » 02 Jul 2020, 10:52

CAV wrote:
17 May 2020, 15:34
I just received my letter of recruitment! Will move to my duty station once travel restrictions are lifted. UNHCR P4. Amman Jordan. Timeline:
Applied in Sept 2019.
Silence until January 2020 - then wrote an exam for a P3 position in Kenya.
Feb 2020 completed an oral exam for Kenya P3 job.
March 2020 received a call from the Chief in Geneva Asking if I was interested in the senior position As she was putting together a list of candidates who “can do the job and sending it to the decision makers”and next day interviewed for the senior position of the same type of job, a P4 In Jordan. Interview went well.
April 2020 received notice of appointment email and request to verify references and credentials.
May 4th, got congratulations email and sent medical clearance forms.
Now, May 17 - completing all onboarding documents.
Date of travel still awaiting lifting of COVID travel restrictions but have been told they hope to have me in place for handover before July 1,2020 when the current incumbent leaves.
Hey CAV,
Did you manage to travel to Yemen? How did it go

CAV

Post by CAV » 18 Jul 2020, 06:16

Thanks! Coronavirus is keeping me out of my duty station so far. Instead, I am telecommuting from home for now. Hoping for travel restrictions to be lifted mid August. I’m patiently waiting, learning the ropes of the job and sometimes being required to get up at 3 am due to timezones... Looking forward to getting settle in Amman Jordan (not Yemen as mentioned -although mission to Yemen will be in the works once travel is allowed).

CAV

Post by CAV » 18 Jul 2020, 06:29

Thanks so much @starryhindsight! Maybe once I’m able to actually move there, our paths will cross! Currently telecommuting but new info sugggests August might be the lucky month! 😊