Success stories!

Everything about application processes, test, interviews, offers etc. Also share your success stories in this forum!
Sebastian

Re: Success stories!

Post by Sebastian » 05 Oct 2018, 05:00

H.O.P wrote:
04 Oct 2018, 17:32
starryhindsight wrote:
04 Oct 2018, 17:09
Well maybe monthsss would be an exaggeration, but people have been quoting me two months on average. But good news I found out is that after a confirmed offer, we should still have time to give notice to quit jobs, moving etc.

And yeah, I sent my medical clearance documents and they forgot about it until I followed up. I assume I will still need to do an actual medical check up, but haven't heard anything so far.
Oh wow! Thank you for telling me this. I will follow up with the medical personnel next week. True, I was about to write them to move back my travel date, but as it will take longer than I indicated, I will let it be.
Indeed, I would also wait for them: unless you give a very firm commitment a start date is more tentative than set in stone and everyone knows that things can get moved.
I'm Sebastian from the UN Job List. I know about the UN Job List and also a little about the UN in general.

H.O.P

Post by H.O.P » 05 Oct 2018, 07:36

Sebastian wrote:
05 Oct 2018, 05:00
H.O.P wrote:
04 Oct 2018, 17:32
starryhindsight wrote:
04 Oct 2018, 17:09
Well maybe monthsss would be an exaggeration, but people have been quoting me two months on average. But good news I found out is that after a confirmed offer, we should still have time to give notice to quit jobs, moving etc.

And yeah, I sent my medical clearance documents and they forgot about it until I followed up. I assume I will still need to do an actual medical check up, but haven't heard anything so far.
Oh wow! Thank you for telling me this. I will follow up with the medical personnel next week. True, I was about to write them to move back my travel date, but as it will take longer than I indicated, I will let it be.
Indeed, I would also wait for them: unless you give a very firm commitment a start date is more tentative than set in stone and everyone knows that things can get moved.
Thanks again, Sebastian.

Ndechitu

Post by Ndechitu » 05 Oct 2018, 14:43

Update: Just got the Confirmation letter to start working for the United Nations Office at Nairobi from Monday.

NevKen

Post by NevKen » 05 Oct 2018, 15:26

Ndechitu wrote:
05 Oct 2018, 14:43
Update: Just got the Confirmation letter to start working for the United Nations Office at Nairobi from Monday.
All the best !

starryhindsight

Post by starryhindsight » 05 Oct 2018, 16:52

Ndechitu wrote:
05 Oct 2018, 14:43
Congratulations!

mdr

Post by mdr » 08 Oct 2018, 14:50

Update: I finally got my offer letter! Sort of. It's more like a pre-offer? And the first email was the pre-pre-offer? Haha. That's how I'm looking at it anyway. I feel really silly now worrying myself sick like that but to be fair, the mystery of the missed email remains.. Anyway, so this offer I got on Friday was via their Taleo (different from their iRecruitment system) where I had to click 'accept' so that within this week or so, I will then receive the official one. The SSC staff has been very responsive to me so far and I expect the on-boarding process to happen within the next 2 weeks or so.

NevKen

Post by NevKen » 08 Oct 2018, 14:57

mdr wrote:
08 Oct 2018, 14:50
Update: I finally got my offer letter! Sort of. It's more like a pre-offer? And the first email was the pre-pre-offer? Haha. That's how I'm looking at it anyway. I feel really silly now worrying myself sick like that but to be fair, the mystery of the missed email remains.. Anyway, so this offer I got on Friday was via their Taleo (different from their iRecruitment system) where I had to click 'accept' so that within this week or so, I will then receive the official one. The SSC staff has been very responsive to me so far and I expect the on-boarding process to happen within the next 2 weeks or so.
Congrats !

starryhindsight

Post by starryhindsight » 08 Oct 2018, 17:51

An update about my offer: I'm still keeping positive but there are talks in my duty station about possibly withdrawal of new contracts based on just what's happening on the ground. UNV is quite slow doing my medical clearance and all other process, so if it would actually be a withdrawal, I guess there would be no legal repercussions for UNV since I actually haven't left the country and haven't finished any clearance process.

Anyway, sharing the news with you guys and hoping you guys also send me some positivity.

H.O.P

Post by H.O.P » 08 Oct 2018, 18:38

starryhindsight wrote:
08 Oct 2018, 17:51
An update about my offer: I'm still keeping positive but there are talks in my duty station about possibly withdrawal of new contracts based on just what's happening on the ground. UNV is quite slow doing my medical clearance and all other process, so if it would actually be a withdrawal, I guess there would be no legal repercussions for UNV since I actually haven't left the country and haven't finished any clearance process.

Anyway, sharing the news with you guys and hoping you guys also send me some positivity.
What! Did they give any reasons why they want to do so? I hope it is just rumour or at least it does not affect the ongoing recruitment process where offers have been made. I will keep my fingers crossed for you.
Yes, it is slow. It took a week for them to respond to my submitted medical questionnaire. They sent me a form to do some extensive medical test before they approve my medical clearance. But, after this, I hope the next stage will be the visa.

H.O.P

Post by H.O.P » 08 Oct 2018, 18:39

mdr wrote:
08 Oct 2018, 14:50
Congratulations!