Success stories!

Everything about application processes, test, interviews, offers etc. Also share your success stories in this forum!
mdr

Re: Success stories!

Post by mdr » 09 Oct 2018, 13:38

starryhindsight wrote:
08 Oct 2018, 17:51
An update about my offer: I'm still keeping positive but there are talks in my duty station about possibly withdrawal of new contracts based on just what's happening on the ground. UNV is quite slow doing my medical clearance and all other process, so if it would actually be a withdrawal, I guess there would be no legal repercussions for UNV since I actually haven't left the country and haven't finished any clearance process.

Anyway, sharing the news with you guys and hoping you guys also send me some positivity.
Oh no! That would be terrible if they did withdraw especially since you've come so far into the process! Sending you positive vibes!

starryhindsight

Post by starryhindsight » 09 Oct 2018, 18:41

Present UNVs in my duty station were told that because of the changes in country, their contracts won't get renewed beyond a certain date in the near future, and new contracts are being reviewed.

The good news is that today I rushed and completed all medical clearance and also I don't need an entry visa for my specific duty station. So I completed all pre-requisites/conditions to my offer.

Now the ball is in their hand: UNV just told me they would contact my host duty station to see if what are my possible date of entries for me. Hopefully they will honour their offer to me, otherwise let's see. Thanks Sebastian and H.O.P. for the positive vibes!

H.O.P

Post by H.O.P » 10 Oct 2018, 08:07

starryhindsight wrote:
09 Oct 2018, 18:41
Present UNVs in my duty station were told that because of the changes in country, their contracts won't get renewed beyond a certain date in the near future, and new contracts are being reviewed.

The good news is that today I rushed and completed all medical clearance and also I don't need an entry visa for my specific duty station. So I completed all pre-requisites/conditions to my offer.

Now the ball is in their hand: UNV just told me they would contact my host duty station to see if what are my possible date of entries for me. Hopefully they will honour their offer to me, otherwise let's see. Thanks Sebastian and H.O.P. for the positive vibes!
Glad to hear that you're done with all pre-departure conditions. I am still keeping my fingers crossed for you and waiting to hear when you've left for your duty station. Good luck!

starryhindsight

Post by starryhindsight » 10 Oct 2018, 12:24

mdr wrote:
09 Oct 2018, 13:38

Oh no! That would be terrible if they did withdraw especially since you've come so far into the process! Sending you positive vibes!
Thanks! I really appreciate it.

starryhindsight

Post by starryhindsight » 12 Oct 2018, 12:50

H.O.P wrote:
10 Oct 2018, 08:07

Glad to hear that you're done with all pre-departure conditions. I am still keeping my fingers crossed for you and waiting to hear when you've left for your duty station. Good luck!
Yeah, they are processing my pre-deployment entitlements now and is pending approval. It's decision time for my duty station I think and there's nothing else I can do but to wait and be positive!

Kokolicious

Post by Kokolicious » 14 Oct 2018, 00:57

Congratulations. This is so encouraging to me. I have made it several times to the interview level but never get selected for the job. I pray my offer comes some day :)

starryhindsight

Post by starryhindsight » 20 Oct 2018, 15:12

Update: so yes it happened and they just asked me if I would be available to be reproposed to a new duty station. So it's not good news for me but at least it's not the worst. I just hope I don't have to re-do the entire process (proposal, interview, etc) again.

Thanks everyone for listening.

H.O.P

Post by H.O.P » 20 Oct 2018, 17:49

starryhindsight wrote:
20 Oct 2018, 15:12
Update: so yes it happened and they just asked me if I would be available to be reproposed to a new duty station. So it's not good news for me but at least it's not the worst. I just hope I don't have to re-do the entire process (proposal, interview, etc) again.

Oh, so sorry to hear this. I hope you don't go through an interview process again. The wait can be exhausting

Starbuck

Post by Starbuck » 22 Oct 2018, 22:51

I was wondering is it common to see or hear from your future boss and colleagues only at the interview? Is there any courteous need to say hi before starting? How should this first day normally look like?

mdr

Post by mdr » 24 Oct 2018, 05:53

starryhindsight wrote:
20 Oct 2018, 15:12

So sorry to hear about this too. I also hope you won't have to go through the tedious process all over again and that you are essentially rostered/good to leave for the next available assignment.