Success stories!

Everything about application processes, test, interviews, offers etc. Also share your success stories in this forum!
dncngufu

Re: Success stories!

Post by dncngufu » 23 Feb 2019, 18:09

I want to share with you my experience. A successful story!
I applied for a TA NO-1. position at UNICEF - DRC. 3 weeks later I was called to do an interview on phone.
3 week after, I was told to provide 3 persons of reference contacts. After the reference check, 2 days later they asked me to give my academic diplomas and certificates. And 2weks after I received the offer of appointment.
Now I'm doing the onboard process before I go to the duty station office and sign the contract.

That's my story.

januare

Post by januare » 04 Mar 2019, 03:13

Hi Dncngufu,

Congrats! it seems that your recruitment pace is so fast. I also applied for the NO position in UNICEF,

after 1 week they asked me for the writing test,
1 week after the writing test, I was asked for the panel interview
1 week later, I was booked for the second interview next month,
right now, it's the 3rd week after the final interview, I heard nothing from the HR team.

During the process, it seems that they are in hurry to have this position on board, that every process just happened week after week, that's why I thought I would be notified to the results (good/bad) quite soon, and I wrote to the HR just one week after the final interview but heard nothing from them till now.

It's kind of frustrating and torturing during the waiting time!

januare

Post by januare » 04 Mar 2019, 04:27

Hi Dncngufu,

One more question, when you get the offer, what's the Current status of your submitted application on UNICEF recruitment website?

Thanks

xsever

Post by xsever » 05 Mar 2019, 08:48

I applied to a P3 position in August 2018, got invited to write the test in October 2018, got invited to the interview in November 2018, and during the last week of February 2018 was I notified that I've been selected and rostered. I replied positively to the email and I am now waiting for the offer. Will keep everyone updated.

evans.mos

Post by evans.mos » 13 Mar 2019, 17:04

Hellow , members. I have just joined. I am passionate about working in the United Nations. In this regard, I'd like @Sebastian tobe my referral. I surely have none at the moment. But in reference to the merit issue, I strongly believe I got what it takes.

Thanks all!

xsever

Post by xsever » 23 Mar 2019, 19:09

xsever wrote:
05 Mar 2019, 08:48
I applied to a P3 position in August 2018, got invited to write the test in October 2018, got invited to the interview in November 2018, and during the last week of February 2018 was I notified that I've been selected and rostered. I replied positively to the email and I am now waiting for the offer. Will keep everyone updated.
Update: I was sent the offer of appointment on March 18, 2019 which I signed 2 days later. That makes it 8 months since the application deadline closed in August 2018! I am currently finishing up the reference check process before joining. Thank you all for sharing your experience and being very helpful and best of luck to everyone.

suresnes

Post by suresnes » 18 Apr 2019, 05:55

xsever wrote:
23 Mar 2019, 19:09
xsever wrote:
05 Mar 2019, 08:48
Update: I was sent the offer of appointment on March 18, 2019 which I signed 2 days later. That makes it 8 months since the application deadline closed in August 2018! I am currently finishing up the reference check process before joining. Thank you all for sharing your experience and being very helpful and best of luck to everyone.
Hey there x,
I applied for g level position and got an offer of appointment stating the approximate salary. I signed it and returned it with a release letter also.
They say they have to verify the education and employment for the last stage. Should i be worried at this stage? Or is it just a doublecheck as a procedure? Its been a week since i heard from them and my employers sent the un the verification letter a week ago

zahid114

Post by zahid114 » 22 Apr 2019, 06:59

My timeline went like this:

January: Application submitted

April: Invitation for written assessment

September: Invitation for interview

Then one day before the interview appointment, I was contacted by email and was informed that "due to unforeseen circumstances" they will not be interviewing (me) tomorrow as advised. And when I asked whether the halt was temporary and the discussion could continue later on or not, they told me "these interviews are terminated."

So what is the matter? Since I was not interviewed, how could they take decision on me?

Jupiter

Post by Jupiter » 02 May 2019, 18:26

Hello,

Guys i am so happyyyy. I got selected for a JPO position at UNHCR. One thing i can tell you is to continue applying especially for those hard duty stations you will get more chances of being selected. Glory to God.🙏

H.O.P

Post by H.O.P » 02 May 2019, 18:44

Jupiter wrote:
02 May 2019, 18:26
Hello,

Guys i am so happyyyy. I got selected for a JPO position at UNHCR. One thing i can tell you is to continue applying especially for those hard duty stations you will get more chances of being selected. Glory to God.🙏
Big congrats! Enjoy the field.