Application Process!

Everything about application processes, test, interviews, offers etc. Also share your success stories in this forum!
gautaminnitk

Re: Application Process!

Post by gautaminnitk » 30 Nov 2020, 05:33

Hello All,

How much time it takes for NSHR FAO roster to get a assignment ? Please guide.

Mer

Post by Mer » 12 Dec 2020, 16:15

Mer wrote:
26 Sep 2020, 15:30
Hello hopefuls,

I wanted to share my experience with UNODC since I haven’t found any other posts about this specific UN agency. Here is my timeline for a P3 position:
- I applied in January
- Job closed in February
- Heard nothing until finally, I got an email inviting me to an exam in April. The exam was scheduled 1 week after the e-mail.
- I got an other email inviting me to an interview in May (5 weeks after submitting my exam). The interview was scheduled 1 week after the email. It went very well and I was told to expect an answer in July at the latest.
-Reached out several times to HR and to the Project Coordinator from June to September. Each time I was told to wait a little bit longer.
- Out of the blue, I received an email from the project coordinator mid-September asking me if I was interested in the same position in another field station. I responded right away and applied to the second position.
- FINALLY received an email end of September telling me that I was rostered, 4 months after the interview.

I’m now waiting to hear back from the second position, fingers crossed!

In total, I applied to about 45 positions in the span of 1 year. More then half where filled by roster. Small number are showing “recruitment finished”. Others are still open.

My inspira showed “under review” until I saw that I was rostered. The changed happened on Inspira before (24h) I receive the email letting me know, so I think checking inspira frequently gives you the most recent and accurate information.

I hope this helps!
Update on the second position (p3)

- Closed-end of September
- Received an email to do an online exam 4 weeks after the position closed (last time was 7 weeks)
- Received an email inviting me to the interview 4 weeks after the written exam (last time was 5 weeks)

The interview was this week and it went very well (I think). It was supposed to last 30min but lasted nearly 1 hour. A lot of follow up questions. The project coordinator (who had asked me to apply) was on the interview panel, and I knew another member of the panel from a previous interview. They asked questions in both required languages. It's **really** important to prepare a lot of examples from past projects.

Now the worst part starts: waiting post interview. Hopefully, it won't take 4 months like the last time...
According to my experience and things I have read on this forum, and because of the holidays, I am expecting to hear back from them around February-march. Will keep you posted. Not sure if being rostered in the category helps at this point because they are not considering as a roster candidate for this specific job opening (because of a technicality as explained previously).

Good luck to everyone :)

Papa

Post by Papa » 28 Dec 2020, 07:27

Mer wrote:
12 Dec 2020, 16:15
Mer wrote:
26 Sep 2020, 15:30
Hello hopefuls,

I wanted to share my experience with UNODC since I haven’t found any other posts about this specific UN agency. Here is my timeline for a P3 position:
- I applied in January
- Job closed in February
- Heard nothing until finally, I got an email inviting me to an exam in April. The exam was scheduled 1 week after the e-mail.
- I got an other email inviting me to an interview in May (5 weeks after submitting my exam). The interview was scheduled 1 week after the email. It went very well and I was told to expect an answer in July at the latest.
-Reached out several times to HR and to the Project Coordinator from June to September. Each time I was told to wait a little bit longer.
- Out of the blue, I received an email from the project coordinator mid-September asking me if I was interested in the same position in another field station. I responded right away and applied to the second position.
- FINALLY received an email end of September telling me that I was rostered, 4 months after the interview.

I’m now waiting to hear back from the second position, fingers crossed!

In total, I applied to about 45 positions in the span of 1 year. More then half where filled by roster. Small number are showing “recruitment finished”. Others are still open.

My inspira showed “under review” until I saw that I was rostered. The changed happened on Inspira before (24h) I receive the email letting me know, so I think checking inspira frequently gives you the most recent and accurate information.

I hope this helps!
Update on the second position (p3)

- Closed-end of September
- Received an email to do an online exam 4 weeks after the position closed (last time was 7 weeks)
- Received an email inviting me to the interview 4 weeks after the written exam (last time was 5 weeks)

The interview was this week and it went very well (I think). It was supposed to last 30min but lasted nearly 1 hour. A lot of follow up questions. The project coordinator (who had asked me to apply) was on the interview panel, and I knew another member of the panel from a previous interview. They asked questions in both required languages. It's **really** important to prepare a lot of examples from past projects.

Now the worst part starts: waiting post interview. Hopefully, it won't take 4 months like the last time...
According to my experience and things I have read on this forum, and because of the holidays, I am expecting to hear back from them around February-march. Will keep you posted. Not sure if being rostered in the category helps at this point because they are not considering as a roster candidate for this specific job opening (because of a technicality as explained previously).

Good luck to everyone :)
Thanks alot for sharing...

shacak

Reference check

Post by shacak » 12 Feb 2021, 13:06

Hi Team. After successfully passing written exam, I was shortlisted and had an interview for a P3 position within UNDP. However, I was alerted by one of my references that Hiring Unit requested a reference check just immediately after the interview. My question is that are all the candidates asked for a reference check. If so, is it normal procedure to conduct a reference check to all the candidates. I just assume that they make a reference check to all shortlisted candidates beside me because I think they will not have enough time to decide which candidate is successful. And, if this is the normal procedure don't you think it is weird. Because one my supervisors already came to the conclusion that I am leaving the organization that I am working for now. Thanks in advance for your kind responses.

simkas

Post by simkas » 12 Feb 2021, 13:36

Hi,

I had interview with UNDP last year. Shortly after interview they asked for contact details of my referees. Ref checks were conducted and then 2 weeks after I got invited to “second chat”. which was in the second round of interviews with panel of 5.

shacak

Post by shacak » 12 Feb 2021, 19:21

simkas wrote:
12 Feb 2021, 13:36
Hi,

I had interview with UNDP last year. Shortly after interview they asked for contact details of my referees. Ref checks were conducted and then 2 weeks after I got invited to “second chat”. which was in the second round of interviews with panel of 5.
Dear Simkas, was the second interview in fact a chat or another interview. Could you please give information about the second interview?

bmoi

Post by bmoi » 23 Mar 2021, 13:58

Hi All

Am curious to find out.
Concerning FS and P poitions specifically for hard duty stations; what is the average number of candidates usually invited to written exams, and on average how many make it to the interview stage?

Anyone with some insight?