Application Process!

Everything about application processes, test, interviews, offers etc. Also share your success stories in this forum!
bmoi

Re: Application Process!

Post by bmoi » 19 Aug 2020, 17:33

Hi everyone

I stumbled over this interview of "How Covid-19 is impacting UNDP's hiring and culture". I thought it would be worth checking out for fellow UN hopefuls. It gives an insight on what is happening with the UN currently in terms of employment, specifically UNDP.

Check it out.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.devex. ... -97378/amp

H.O.P

Post by H.O.P » 19 Aug 2020, 19:11

bmoi wrote:
19 Aug 2020, 17:33
Hi everyone

I stumbled over this interview of "How Covid-19 is impacting UNDP's hiring and culture". I thought it would be worth checking out for fellow UN hopefuls. It gives an insight on what is happening with the UN currently in terms of employment, specifically UNDP.

Check it out.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.devex. ... -97378/amp
Insightful. Let’s hope quick recruitment will actually be implemented. Thank you for sharing.

bmoi

Post by bmoi » 19 Aug 2020, 20:51

You're welcome

simkas

Post by simkas » 20 Aug 2020, 15:15

Hello everyone,

I got invited to take a technical exam for P3 position with UN. It consist of drafting part and then UN Core Competencies & Reasoning Skills test (Situational Judgment, Verbal Reasoning and Numerical Reasoning). Does anyone have experiecne with this Reasoning tests? Is it similar to GGST?

Thanks !

Ann

Post by Ann » 03 Sep 2020, 16:13

Hello everyone

Does anyone know what means when the job status of an application with UNICEF changed from " Application outcome" to "Application under review"?

I know that when the status changes from "under review" to" application outcome " you are out of the process.

Thank you very much!

bmoi

Post by bmoi » 19 Sep 2020, 12:11

Hello everyone

The group has been so quite lately. I am wondering that due to Covid-19, has there not been any successful stories as of late? Has employment into UN massevily slowed down due to the pandemic? It seems that borders are opening up, so i thought employment opportunities would start to normalize. Or it could mean that the platform is becoming disfragmented?

Maybe someone has more insight?

Regards

Mer

Post by Mer » 21 Sep 2020, 13:43

Hello @bmoi
I can only speak for me, I interviewed in May for a P3 and still nothing. I have been kept informed by HR and the hiring manager (HM) sporadically since May: as per recently, the hiring case is still pending with the executive office. However, the HM reached out to me 2 weeks ago to ask me to apply for another position (that is exactly the same position for which I interviewed in May but in another field office). That new position is closing soon. This tells me that I probably didnt get the first job (but maybe I was rostered?). In any case, the first position is still showing "Under Review" in Inspira. I think the process is definetly taking much longer then usual but is still within what people at the UN have told me to expect (8-12 months from application to hire). I applied in January 2020.

Another thing I have noticed, at least in the area of work for which I typically apply, there are way less job opening then usual. No more then 1-2 per week. There used to be 2-5 per day pre-COVID.

simkas

Post by simkas » 21 Sep 2020, 14:03

Hello,

I think that there is slight decrease in number of job postings. I know that during covid-19, some UN agencies can post staff positions only internally.
Personally, I had 3 interviews for P positions since July. Heard back only from one, didn't get it. I think that overall the process is very long. The appoinmtnets and rostered candidates have to be approved by the approval body and this take couple of weeks or even months in same cases.

good luck everyone!!

bmoi

Post by bmoi » 21 Sep 2020, 19:49

Thanks for your responses and insights @Mer and @Simkas, its what i have suspected that internal candidates currently have an advantage, i was partly asking because i did notice that the specific jobs i apply for that were normally in abundance pre covid are scarce this time around. I believe its going a bumpy ride for all of us UN hopefuls so goodluck and all the best to everyone in the process...

Mer

Post by Mer » 22 Sep 2020, 12:52

Also, this week is the general assembly.
I'm not sure if that has a huge impact but it must slow down everything since it is their biggest yearly event...