Application Process!

Everything about application processes, test, interviews, offers etc. Also share your success stories in this forum!
cherrygirl

Re: Application Process!

Post by cherrygirl » 29 Apr 2019, 12:06

Jupiter wrote:
29 Apr 2019, 11:18
Jannu wrote:
29 Apr 2019, 09:42
Just updating my status with UNOPS IICA-2, now 2,5 months after test and interview, Application Status: Longlisted, Vacancy Status: Shortlisting. I also sent follow up email about timeline but no reply yet.
This kind of hiring timeline is frustrating. I am about to complete one month after interview. I keep refreshing my gmail to get feedback in vain. I am wondering how look like a casual work day at UN if things is done in the same manner.🤔

I've been doing the what you've been doing. Constantly checking my phone if I got any e-mail.
I am even thinking of writing a thank you e-mail to the HR focal point because she has been actually very friendly throughout the application procedure. I mean even if I do not get the job in the end.

duhray

Post by duhray » 03 May 2019, 18:27

Congratulations, Juniper!!!

Can you walk through your entire JPO position process? I, too, am anxiously awaiting an answer for a JPO UNHCR position.
Jupiter wrote:
23 Apr 2019, 06:42
Hi everyone, I was recently interviewed on 4th April for a JPO position at UNHCR. There was no written test only telephone interview. I had 1h 03min telephone interview in English and French as they require fluency in both languages.

On 11th April one week after interview i wrote a follow-up email to a member of the panel who is in charge of administration, he responded me that they were in the process of sending the interview report to HQ, and if i am selected they (HQ) will let me know.

My questions are follows:

1. Can i expect to be selected due to the fact that the HR shared with me such recruitment details.

2. When can anyone expect feedback after an interview (UNHCR process).

3. What is the role of interview board in selection process.

Thanks.

Jupiter

Post by Jupiter » 04 May 2019, 04:53

duhray wrote:
03 May 2019, 18:27
Congratulations, Juniper!!!

Can you walk through your entire JPO position process? I, too, am anxiously awaiting an answer for a JPO UNHCR position.
Jupiter wrote:
23 Apr 2019, 06:42
Hi everyone, I was recently interviewed on 4th April for a JPO position at UNHCR. There was no written test only telephone interview. I had 1h 03min telephone interview in English and French as they require fluency in both languages.

On 11th April one week after interview i wrote a follow-up email to a member of the panel who is in charge of administration, he responded me that they were in the process of sending the interview report to HQ, and if i am selected they (HQ) will let me know.

My questions are follows:

1. Can i expect to be selected due to the fact that the HR shared with me such recruitment details.

2. When can anyone expect feedback after an interview (UNHCR process).

3. What is the role of interview board in selection process.

Thanks.
I was contacted 5 days after deadline for an oral interview. Which i did the following week. Finally i got the news that i was selected 4 weeks after the oral interview.

Jannu

Post by Jannu » 08 May 2019, 07:21

Here is timeline of one application process that recently ended (International Residual Mechanism for Criminal Tribunals):
Application sent end of December 2018
Invitation to test in the middle of February 2019. I assume my test wasnt successful.
Regret letter in the second week of May 2019.
This process actually looks like everything went in time, maybe it could be a bit faster but it is ok to me.

Turquoise04

Post by Turquoise04 » 30 May 2019, 10:17

simkas wrote:
17 Apr 2019, 09:44
Dear fellows,

I applied for a P3 position at the UN in NYC. Only 2 days after the deadline I received en email invitation to the written test. What suprised me is the following sentence in the email:

"Once the tests have been evaluated, the candidates with a passing score will have their resumes screened toward the job opening requirements. The shortlisted candidates will be invited for a competency-based interview."

Does that mean that they havent screened the applications against eligibility criteria yet? I am asking because when applying, I was not sure to meet the work experience requirements, but gave it a shot!

Thanks for your thoughts!

Simka
Hi Simka,

I think we did the same test. Any news from your end? I have not heard anything so far.

Lea

Post by Lea » 31 May 2019, 07:25

Hello all,
Happy to have found this community!
I am writing to share my experience and get some insight/support.

Please note that these applications are all with the same agency but different teams/projects.

My application process.
Application #1 - P2
February 2018 - Applied to position
April 2018 - Invitation to pass written test
July 2018 - Contacted HR who told me I wasn't selected.

Application #2 (with preferred team/project) - P2
February 2018 - Applied to position
July 2018 - Received invitation to record video of my answers to a set of questions via online interview system.
September 2018 - Received invitation for Skype interview and provide references.
November 2018 - Notified I wasn't selected
Please note - the interview had the Chief of the department, the HR people and a one or 2 P3 and it was both in French and English

Application #3 - P2
December 2018 - Applied to position
May 2019 - Contacted HR to know if recruitment still ongoing - Yes, still ongoing but no verdict on selection list.

Where I need input and clarity:
The same team of Application #2 (with preferred team/project) is recruiting for a P3 (potential Applicaton #4) with basically the same TORs as the previous P2 I applied for last year and of course I want to apply to the position because it is the exact fit for my experience geographically and sector wise. I want to know at which point can we be considered a UN SPAMMER???? :? and is it even worth it to apply again?

This team has already interviewed me in 2 rounds and has my references in file. I have the Chief's email and I am really tempted to email her directly to just ask 1) about her feedback from my previous interview with them - never got feedback, 2) if it is even worth going through the same thing again.
I have to say, while I am excited about the potential opportunities linked to the job, I am somewhat amazed at the slowness of the whole UN system. Recruiting workers should not take that long.

Anyway, I appreciate your input on this multiple simultaneous or consecutive applications question.
Thanks

simkas

Post by simkas » 31 May 2019, 08:33

Hey,

Was it he HR Officer too? No, I haven't heard anything back yet. I guess it is still too soon

Halah

Post by Halah » 31 May 2019, 09:14

Hi sebastain and every one,
I applied with WFP and i did written test and face to face interview. My status updated as( congratulations, you have passed through to the next phase of the recruitment process).
I want to know did they hired me??
Thanks

NevKen

Post by NevKen » 31 May 2019, 17:02

Halah wrote:
31 May 2019, 09:14
Hi sebastain and every one,
I applied with WFP and i did written test and face to face interview. My status updated as( congratulations, you have passed through to the next phase of the recruitment process).
I want to know did they hired me??
Thanks
The next phase would be about due diligence and references check, you will be hired when you sign the contract.

Turquoise04

Post by Turquoise04 » 01 Jun 2019, 11:59

simkas wrote:
31 May 2019, 08:33
Hey,

Was it he HR Officer too? No, I haven't heard anything back yet. I guess it is still too soon
Yes it is. Best of luck to us!