UN Volunteering

Everything about application processes, test, interviews, offers etc. Also share your success stories in this forum!
lubeto
Posts: 26
Joined: 21 Aug 2019, 15:39
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 13 times

Re: UN Volunteering

Post by lubeto » 10 Sep 2020, 20:40

Papa wrote:
10 Sep 2020, 18:04
Hey Lubeto
Please continue applying, after Somalia longlisting and the outcome turning out negative; today i was longlisted for an assignment in DRC.....I have 1 year with UNV in two assignment. I never thought it would be this hard to rejoin. Considering now UNV assigments are capped at only 4years
hey Papa! thanks for your uplifting response, sending you good luck and please let me know the outcome once you have an update.

I feel your pain and it`s the same with me... never thought it would be so hard to rejoin...and I got back from my last assignment nearly 1.5 year ago..time flies!


Still applying daily, but with no positive outcome until now!

lubeto
Posts: 26
Joined: 21 Aug 2019, 15:39
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 13 times

Re: UN Volunteering

Post by lubeto » 26 Sep 2020, 10:30

Papa wrote:
10 Sep 2020, 18:04
Hey Lubeto
Please continue applying, after Somalia longlisting and the outcome turning out negative; today i was longlisted for an assignment in DRC.....I have 1 year with UNV in two assignment. I never thought it would be this hard to rejoin. Considering now UNV assigments are capped at only 4years
Hey Papa,

Any positive news on the assignment in DRC?

starryhindsight
Posts: 76
Joined: 21 Sep 2018, 14:41
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 42 times

Re: UN Volunteering

Post by starryhindsight » 11 Oct 2020, 17:59

Good luck to all of you (: time really does fly, but keep strong we'll all get there.

lubeto
Posts: 26
Joined: 21 Aug 2019, 15:39
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 13 times

Re: UN Volunteering

Post by lubeto » 02 Nov 2020, 16:58

Hey All,

Any positive news with the UNV positions, anyone?

Will appreciate if someone can share any updates

Papa
Posts: 55
Joined: 29 Aug 2018, 20:54
Has thanked: 25 times
Been thanked: 28 times

Re: UN Volunteering

Post by Papa » 03 Nov 2020, 14:44

Hey Lubeto,
From my side am still waiting for the DRC assignment, it’s been more than a month after longlisting so almost giving up. Am still applying for the available positions.

lubeto
Posts: 26
Joined: 21 Aug 2019, 15:39
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 13 times

Re: UN Volunteering

Post by lubeto » 03 Nov 2020, 18:40

Papa wrote:
03 Nov 2020, 14:44
Hey Lubeto,
From my side am still waiting for the DRC assignment, it’s been more than a month after longlisting so almost giving up. Am still applying for the available positions.
Hey Papa,

Hope all is well!

Fingers crossed and don`t lose hope!!! waited for almost 2 months to get an interview date last year so I believe they will contact you soon!

Same with me, I am applying every single day but still nothing... :(

starryhindsight
Posts: 76
Joined: 21 Sep 2018, 14:41
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 42 times

Re: UN Volunteering

Post by starryhindsight » 04 Nov 2020, 16:46

Sending a lot of positive energy, everyone. Don't give up!

lubeto
Posts: 26
Joined: 21 Aug 2019, 15:39
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 13 times

Re: UN Volunteering

Post by lubeto » 27 Nov 2020, 14:30

Hey Guys!

Finally got longlisted for an assignment after 9 months... its a light at the end of the tunnel for me :)

keeping my fingers crossed!

starryhindsight
Posts: 76
Joined: 21 Sep 2018, 14:41
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 42 times

Re: UN Volunteering

Post by starryhindsight » 27 Nov 2020, 16:43

Good luck Lubeto :)

Meanwhile, asking for a friend here. He applied for a position, and after the interview, around two weeks later, he was told that he is waitlisted. This has never happened to me, so I'm wondering does anyone have insight to this? (I always thought they would just make you wait if you weren't the first choice).

H.O.P
Posts: 177
Joined: 21 Sep 2018, 11:51
Has thanked: 99 times
Been thanked: 80 times

Re: UN Volunteering

Post by H.O.P » 27 Nov 2020, 19:40

starryhindsight wrote:
27 Nov 2020, 16:43
Good luck Lubeto :)

Meanwhile, asking for a friend here. He applied for a position, and after the interview, around two weeks later, he was told that he is waitlisted. This has never happened to me, so I'm wondering does anyone have insight to this? (I always thought they would just make you wait if you weren't the first choice).
Some managers now put candidates they liked during interviews on rosters. During my time, someone was hired straight from the roster. No interview, nothing. He was contacted to know if he was still available/interested.
It could also mean your friend will be considered next if the preferred candidate didn’t accept the offer. I have seen this happen too. People in my duty station who were like the 4th on the waiting list/interview rank.

Post Reply