UN Volunteering

Everything about application processes, test, interviews, offers etc. Also share your success stories in this forum!
lubeto

Re: UN Volunteering

Post by lubeto » 21 Jun 2020, 08:53

Hey Guys,

I`m wondering if the current situation with the pandemic has a strong reflection to the UNV process? (although I can see positions being advertised)

As for the last several months since the pandemic, i have applied to a lot of positions but with no positive outcomes (like longlisting etc.)

Comparing with the end of last year where I had about 3 interviews and been long listed for 5 postings. :?

Will appreciated your opinion on the above and if it is possible some of the position to be advertised but to be placed on hold until further notice, following the situation?

Has anyone being chosen for a UNV posting this year :?

H.O.P

Post by H.O.P » 21 Jun 2020, 11:54

lubeto wrote:
21 Jun 2020, 08:53
Hey Guys,

I`m wondering if the current situation with the pandemic has a strong reflection to the UNV process? (although I can see positions being advertised)

As for the last several months since the pandemic, i have applied to a lot of positions but with no positive outcomes (like longlisting etc.)

Comparing with the end of last year where I had about 3 interviews and been long listed for 5 postings. :?

Will appreciated your opinion on the above and if it is possible some of the position to be advertised but to be placed on hold until further notice, following the situation?

I’ve received 2 longlisting in this COVID era. Recruitment is ongoing, although could be slower. Probably travel will be put on hold pending when travel restrictions are lifted. Most countries are already reopening borders.

Papa

Post by Papa » 30 Jun 2020, 08:40

lubeto wrote:
Hey Guys,

Hey,
I have applied for several positions this year, I just got long listed for a position in Somalia three weeks ago.

lubeto

Post by lubeto » 04 Jul 2020, 11:39

Papa wrote:
30 Jun 2020, 08:40
lubeto wrote:
Hey Guys,

Hey,
I have applied for several positions this year, I just got long listed for a position in Somalia three weeks ago.
Hey, thanks for the reply guys!

I am applying like crazy, but still with no positive outcome :( not losing hope!

Good luck with the position in Somalia, i had the chance of being long listed in March for an UNV assignment in Somalia but haven`t heard from them since..do you have an interview date? since the end of my first UNV assignment in Pakistan, i`ve been long listed several times and invited to some of them for interviews, but with no success :( hopefully, i will have the chance soon to participate in one

Papa

Post by Papa » 08 Aug 2020, 17:23

Hey team,
Some bad news here....

Thank you very much for taking the time to apply for the above assignment.

This message is to inform you that UN Mission in Somalia has decided to proceed with another candidate for this position.

Rest assured that your profile remains in our talent pool and that we will contact you if other opportunities matching your skills and experience arise.

Once again, we thank you for your continued interest in the United Nations Volunteers programme and your commitment to the values of volunteerism for peace and development.

With best regards,

United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programme

H.O.P

Post by H.O.P » 08 Aug 2020, 17:58

Papa wrote:
08 Aug 2020, 17:23
Hey team,
Some bad news here....

This message is to inform you that UN Mission in Somalia has decided to proceed with another candidate for this position.

Rest assured that your profile remains in our talent pool and that we will contact you if other opportunities matching your skills and experience arise.

Once again, we thank you for your continued interest in the United Nations Volunteers programme and your commitment to the values of volunteerism for peace and development.

With best regards,

Still hoping for the best and applying. It is tough, but we persevere.

lubeto

Post by lubeto » 18 Aug 2020, 14:23

H.O.P wrote:
08 Aug 2020, 17:58
Papa wrote:
08 Aug 2020, 17:23
Hey team,
Some bad news here....

With best regards,

Still hoping for the best and applying. It is tough, but we persevere.
Hey Guys!

Trust all is well from your end.

Received the same reply a while ago from Somalia.. I feel your pain!

I`m starting to lose hope :( and the advertised positions are getting fewer and fewer for some reason..

and I thought having 2 years of experience with the UNV will make it easier to get a new posting.. :(

lubeto

Post by lubeto » 05 Sep 2020, 14:42

just wondering if any one of you guys have recently participated in any recruitment process :? or even long listed for an UNV position...

I`m feeling lost here as comparing it with last year:

end of 2019 Sep-Dec - long listed to 5 positions and shortlisted to 4 of them

2020- 0 and applying daily

Just curious if the current COVID situation changed things in some way :(

H.O.P

Post by H.O.P » 05 Sep 2020, 17:55

lubeto wrote:
05 Sep 2020, 14:42
just wondering if any one of you guys have recently participated in any recruitment process :? or even long listed for an UNV position...

I`m feeling lost here as comparing it with last year:

end of 2019 Sep-Dec - long listed to 5 positions and shortlisted to 4 of them

2020- 0 and applying daily

Just curious if the current COVID situation changed things in some way :(
I got two in the last months. Non were successful.

Papa

Post by Papa » 10 Sep 2020, 18:04

Hey Lubeto
Please continue applying, after Somalia longlisting and the outcome turning out negative; today i was longlisted for an assignment in DRC.....I have 1 year with UNV in two assignment. I never thought it would be this hard to rejoin. Considering now UNV assigments are capped at only 4years