UN Volunteering

Everything about application processes, test, interviews, offers etc. Also share your success stories in this forum!
Ruks

Re: UN Volunteering

Post by Ruks » 26 Apr 2019, 15:37

Hello everyone,
So I got an email saying they will like to propose my profile and I should fill in availability which I did and then after that, I got another email saying my candidature wasn't retained. When I went to my profile page, I noticed my profile has been proposed again for another assignment but I didn't get an email. Please can someone explain this to me? Please

lbron

Post by lbron » 07 May 2019, 11:13

Hello,
I am quite confused, I received an email to propose my profile and asking me to fill in availability. When I go to my UNV account I can't fill anything. In the column ACTION only appear "No Action Required". What does it mean?
Thank you in advance for your answers :)

Chime

Post by Chime » 08 May 2019, 16:01

Hi everyone,

Please how long does it tåke to hear from the UNV on the status of medial clearance after submiting the medial request forms?

katoto

Post by katoto » 05 Jun 2019, 12:26

azra wrote:
08 Feb 2019, 13:51
Hi everyone, I have applied to a couple of special calls. One of them had appeared under "my assignment proposals" with "no action required" under the required action column, but I have not received any e-mail notification of any sort. Is this normal? What could this mean?
I am currently in the same situation that you were in. Could you please tell me what happened thereafter?

katoto

Post by katoto » 06 Jun 2019, 13:02

Hi everybody, I have been applying for a couple of special calls. One of them appeared under "my assignment proposals" with "no action required" under the required action column, but I have not received any e-mail notification a month since the assignment proposal appeared. The "no action required" under the required action column has disappeared but the assignment proposal still appears. Is this normal? What could this mean?

startnewon

Post by startnewon » 06 Jun 2019, 16:03

katoto wrote:
05 Jun 2019, 12:26
azra wrote:
Hi everyone, I have applied to a couple of special calls. One of them had appeared under "my assignment proposals" with "no action required" under the required action column, but I have not received any e-mail notification of any sort. Is this normal? What could this mean?
I am currently in the same situation that you were in. Could you please tell me what happened thereafter?
I am so glad I found this. I just checked my profile earlier today and found the same thing happened to me. If anyone can share what does it mean that "no action required" has disappeared on the page, it would be such a great help!

For others who might be searching for any clues like me, let me share how did my application process go. I applied to multiple special calls since Feb 2019 and just finished the interview for one last week. The general timeline is like follows:

Online Application: March 31st 2019 (online)
Long-listed: May 1st 2019 (email notice with the quote "We would like to propose your profile for the above-mentioned UN Volunteer assignment" / from UNV HQ)
Short-listed: May 24th 2019 (email notice with the quote "I am pleased to inform you that you have been shortlisted for the post UN Volunteer for XXX" / from the Regional Office)
Interview: May 27th 2019 (40 mins of standard competency-based interview with highly specific questions for the position / Panel of 3 people in the Regional Office)

I did not hear back from the Regional Office since then except for the standard thank you email I got right after the interview. Today I saw the "no action required" was gone on my page and thought that is weird since it's been there since May 7th(ish) around the time that the Regional Office may have received the profiles of the long-listed candidates. I'm well aware all I can do at this moment is simply waiting but if there is anything coming up, I will share it up here again.

startnewon

Post by startnewon » 06 Jun 2019, 16:05

katoto wrote:
azra wrote:
I am so glad I found this. I just checked my profile earlier today and found the same thing happened to me. If anyone can share what does it mean that "no action required" has disappeared on the page, it would be such a great help!

For others who might be searching for any clues like me, let me share how did my application process go. I applied to multiple special calls since Feb 2019 and just finished the interview for one last week. The general timeline is like follows:

Online Application: March 31st 2019 (online)
Long-listed: May 1st 2019 (email notice with the quote "We would like to propose your profile for the above-mentioned UN Volunteer assignment" / from UNV HQ)
Short-listed: May 24th 2019 (email notice with the quote "I am pleased to inform you that you have been shortlisted for the post UN Volunteer for XXX" / from the Regional Office)
Interview: May 27th 2019 (40 mins of standard competency-based interview with highly specific questions for the position / Panel of 3 people in the Regional Office)

I did not hear back from the Regional Office since then except for the standard thank you email I got right after the interview. Today I saw the "no action required" was gone on my page and thought that is weird since it's been there since May 7th(ish) around the time that the Regional Office may have received the profiles of the long-listed candidates. I'm well aware all I can do at this moment is simply waiting but if there is anything coming up, I will share it up here again.

azra

Post by azra » 07 Jun 2019, 07:59

katoto wrote:
azra wrote:
So, I was in this very situation two times. My profile has been long-listed (i.e the special call had appeared under "my assignment proposals") but I have never received an e-mail from UNV. I have been contacted both times by the actual office where I would have been based if selected, first for a written test, then for an interview. In the first case I have been informed by UNV two months after the interview that I have not been selected, in the second case I am still waiting to hear back after the interview. Hope this helps!

katoto

Post by katoto » 13 Jun 2019, 13:20

Thanks for the response. What I would wish to know is, how long did it take between being long-listed and being contacted by the regional offices for interviews in both cases.

azra

Post by azra » 17 Jun 2019, 14:13

katoto wrote:
13 Jun 2019, 13:20
Thanks for the response. What I would wish to know is, how long did it take between being long-listed and being contacted by the regional offices for interviews in both cases.
Sure. In one case it took them 4 weeks to contact me, in the other case only one week. In both cases I was first contacted for a written test, and only after the written test for an interview.