UN Volunteering

Everything about application processes, test, interviews, offers etc. Also share your success stories in this forum!
H.O.P

Re: UN Volunteering

Post by H.O.P » 27 Nov 2020, 19:40

lubeto wrote:
27 Nov 2020, 14:30
Hey Guys!

Finally got longlisted for an assignment after 9 months... its a light at the end of the tunnel for me :)

keeping my fingers crossed!
Congrats and good luck.

lubeto

Post by lubeto » 28 Nov 2020, 05:45

H.O.P wrote:
27 Nov 2020, 19:40
lubeto wrote:
27 Nov 2020, 14:30
Hey Guys!

Finally got longlisted for an assignment after 9 months... its a light at the end of the tunnel for me :)

keeping my fingers crossed!
Congrats and good luck.
Thanks guys!

Sadly, the required experience for this position is 60 months and I don`t have so much experience on some of the expertise and advantages listed :( also, french is required. Although, it is optional but again i`m little bit behind if someone of the candidates knows French.. i guess

Hopefully, I will be from the shortlisted ones.

lubeto

Post by lubeto » 09 Dec 2020, 10:23

Hey Guys,

Just a quick update from my side.

Had my interview today through Skype. Sadly, I am little bit disappointed and feel like I missed my chances with this one.

I was shocked at the beginning as I was interviewed by six panelist... quite a lot in my opinion. Usually, there are two or maximum of three.

So, I was so nervous and could`t answer some of the technical questions asked.

The whole interview took almost 1 hour and 10 minutes :?

lubeto

Post by lubeto » 09 Dec 2020, 10:34

Also, do you have any idea with how many people we are usually competing on the final stage (the shortlisted ones)?

Grace

Post by Grace » 09 Dec 2020, 10:42

Lubeto, in my previous experience UNV/UNHCR normally conducts oral interviews for the final top 2 candidates. So your chances increase if you get to the oral interview stage. The major headache will be the waiting time.
In my case waited for 3 months and then informed the post was cancelled.

And an interview panel of 6 members will likely include the Head of Sub-Office, means you have an idea who your boss will be.

Juliette

Post by Juliette » 16 Jan 2021, 18:35

Hello everyone I received an email that my profile has been submitted to the UN mission in South Sudan (UNV Assignment), what I don't understand is immediately I received this email I logged into my UNV account and noticed my UNV profile has no availability date & no ''available for assignment" option as I entered in the system when applying. Everything is just blank ( no comment to show am available for the assignment and no availability date) meaning I can take no action. Please can someone give me an idea what this might mean? Am so worried and confused here.

Papa

Post by Papa » 17 Jan 2021, 16:02

Hey Juliette,
Sometime back around 2019, the system never had the option of the available date, while applying. That has since changed, they ask for the date one is available to start. Having picked a date, I think the UNV removed the option which was there. Which required an applicant to indicate available date after long listing.

Grace

Post by Grace » 18 Jan 2021, 09:42

Juliette wrote:
16 Jan 2021, 18:35
Hello everyone I received an email that my profile has been submitted to the UN mission in South Sudan (UNV Assignment), what I don't understand is immediately I received this email I logged into my UNV account and noticed my UNV profile has no availability date & no ''available for assignment" option as I entered in the system when applying. Everything is just blank ( no comment to show am available for the assignment and no availability date) meaning I can take no action. Please can someone give me an idea what this might mean? Am so worried and confused here.
Juliette, I also received an email from UNV earlier this month Jan 2021 that my profile has been submitted to UNICEF Kenya but the email didn't contain a link to confirm availability date or documents. Unlike previous assignments proposed this one is blank under availability date column.

I think UNV wants to save time by sending the profile directly to the agencies and not waiting for email link confirmation. Which is a good thing in my opinion

lubeto

Post by lubeto » 05 Feb 2021, 18:36

Hello Guys,

Hope all is well with you all.

Just wanted to provide an update on my last oral interview conducted in December.

I`m still waiting for a response or even an email notifying me that either they have decided to go to another candidate or the post has been canceled.

It`s been almost 2 months with no reply whatsoever :(

So, I guess no luck this time.