UNOPS application status process

Everything about application processes, test, interviews, offers etc. Also share your success stories in this forum!
NevKen

Re: UNOPS application status process

Post by NevKen » 30 Oct 2018, 09:43

watermalon wrote:
30 Oct 2018, 09:34
Does anyone know what does the vacancy status "Archived" mean? I've seen most of the cases with the status "Evaluation Completed" but "Archived" confuses me. Thanks :)
Evaluation Completed = the recruitment process is completed (applicant is selected)
Archived = all other applications are boxed/shelved/stored (no further consideration required)

Ivana

Post by Ivana » 31 Oct 2018, 12:20

Hi
I applied recently for 2 positions within UNOPS:
1) application deadline 16/08/18, application status: long listed, vacancy status: shortlisting
2) application deadline 02/10/18, application status: long listed, vacancy status: shortlisting
(From my user profile)

What is the probability that I will proceed to the next selection stage? No emails so far from UNOPS.

Thanks

NevKen

Post by NevKen » 31 Oct 2018, 18:03

Ivana wrote:
31 Oct 2018, 12:20
Hi
I applied recently for 2 positions within UNOPS:
1) application deadline 16/08/18, application status: long listed, vacancy status: shortlisting
2) application deadline 02/10/18, application status: long listed, vacancy status: shortlisting
(From my user profile)

What is the probability that I will proceed to the next selection stage? No emails so far from UNOPS. Thanks
In general, the candidates who are longlisted are on hold and the hiring team is in a process of reviewing, assessing a few of them for shortlisting. Once they done shortlisting, they will begin the evaluation of only shortlisted. In case any (already shortlisted candidate) dropouts for any reason, the hiring team may come back to sort another from longlisted.

You can expect a change until you see the later status changes to evaluation. With the status (longlisted/evaluation) do not hope rather keep following and applying for new vacancies that may suit your expertise.

Tamimi

Post by Tamimi » 08 Nov 2018, 23:27

Hi there,

I have applied for a post. My application status changed to Long listed however vacancy status is Shortlisting. No body contacted me yet. What does that mean please? For another post, my application status is applied while vacancy status is shortlisting and I don't have the option of withdrawal. Can I anyone please advise what this means and why I cannot withdraw my application? Thanks in advance.

NevKen

Post by NevKen » 09 Nov 2018, 12:12

Tamimi wrote:
08 Nov 2018, 23:27
Hi there,

I have applied for a post. My application status changed to Long listed however vacancy status is Shortlisting. No body contacted me yet. What does that mean please? For another post, my application status is applied while vacancy status is shortlisting and I don't have the option of withdrawal. Can I anyone please advise what this means and why I cannot withdraw my application? Thanks in advance.
The team had already longlisted applicants (you are one of them) and now they are shortlisting candidates from within the longlisted candidates. If you are shortlisted, you will see the status Shortlisted/evaluation, in that case you may be contacted. Otherwise the status will change to longlisted/evaluation meaning, move on. You cannot withdraw your application since it's already under consideration (this is with UNOPS).

Tamimi

Post by Tamimi » 09 Nov 2018, 17:40

Thanks indeed. Actually, I have the option to withdraw with ones I am long listed for and they are shortlisting for. It is only one post that is Shortlisting and I cannot withdraw which I take it as good sign hopefully.

karen Paul

Post by karen Paul » 14 Nov 2018, 22:01

Hey guys sorry to drag you back but please I need more explanation on the recruitment process in unops.
What does it mean when your status moves shows,longlisted and shortlisting.Also review shortlisting and shortlisted evaluation.
Thanks Karen Paul.

NevKen

Post by NevKen » 14 Nov 2018, 22:16

karen Paul wrote:
14 Nov 2018, 22:01
Hey guys sorry to drag you back but please I need more explanation on the recruitment process in unops.
What does it mean when your status moves shows,longlisted and shortlisting.Also review shortlisting and shortlisted evaluation.
Thanks Karen Paul.
The questions are explained multiple times even during this thread. In short:

Longlisted/Shortlisting = your application is longlisted, further the hiring team is in a process of shortlisting.
Longlisted/Evaluation = your application is longlisted, further the hiring team is evaluating the shortlisted applicants.

Shortlisted/Shortlisting = your application is shortlisted, further the hiring team is still in a process of shortlisting.
Shortlisted/Evaluation = your application is Shortlisted, further the hiring team is evaluating the shortlisted applicants.

Jannu

Post by Jannu » 18 Nov 2018, 12:05

It took almost one year from UNOPS to finish one recruitment. End of the last year they noticed about few months home based vacancy. First time when they actually contacted was way after period of that vacancy was already over and they asked to do test. Something like month after test there was online interview in the summer and now finally regret letter. That notice looked like they were looking someone to work for few months as soon as possible but when you look at the process it does not look like that.

solomonwelle

Post by solomonwelle » 19 Nov 2018, 19:59

I seems to get different status which am closely followings

- first= Longlisted / Shortlisting = at that stage I got an invitation for written test. - did the test , 2-3 weeks later, it changed to

- Secondly, Shortlisted/ Evaluation = am not invited for any interview, always I assume as soon as the status changes, the systems automatically send invitation to the selected candidates. could it be true?