You're not alone

Everything about application processes, test, interviews, offers etc. Also share your success stories in this forum!
Grace

Re: You're not alone

Post by Grace » 10 Jul 2020, 07:38

Thank you so much Jane27 for posting this. A lot of times these days I am close to giving up on my dream job.

Someone at UNHCR I reached out to informed me that External Applicants are rarely considered. Very rare occasions will an applicant be shortlisted if they don't have previous work experience at UNHCR on their application.
So to get that first one is seemingly impossible.

Right now I have around 11 submitted applications that are still "IN PROGRESS" on the public.msrp.unhcr.org site. Every morning I debate whether to let them pass, coz some applications were submitted in January & February; I mean they must be filled by now its been more than 5 months.

Was interviewed for a UNV position last October, then 'Job Cancelled' email came in December.
Was shortlisted for another UNV in May but I found out that they have already hired a local.

If it's true that External Applicants are almost never considered at UNHCR, then it will take an act of God to be get my dream job.

Grace