You're not alone

Everything about application processes, test, interviews, offers etc. Also share your success stories in this forum!
Skyler

Re: You're not alone

Post by Skyler » 10 Mar 2020, 06:45

Got it, replied and sent back from!

jane27

Post by jane27 » 10 Mar 2020, 14:41

prdeepak wrote:
10 Mar 2020, 03:08
Thanks Jane, this is a great initiative. Would it be possible for you to share details, link?
Hi! Thanks for the interest. Shared the link, kindly check please.
“Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive, and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive.” - Howard Thurman

lubeto

Post by lubeto » 28 Mar 2020, 12:53

Hi Jane,

Indeed a beautiful post! thank you for sharing your story.

It has been a long awaited dream of mine working with the UN, but unfortunately for the last 11 months i am struggling with securing a second assignment.

I had the opportunity to work as an IUNV in Pakistan for total of 15 months, unfortunately, due to lack of funding my assignment ended....since then, I am applying every single day.

I had the opportunity been shortlisted to a several UNV assignments and to the finals stages for 2 of them but to no success....

Also, applied for P2 positions and participated in two interviews but again unsuccessfully.

I would really appreciate if you can share some tips or i am too late..

jane27

Post by jane27 » 28 Mar 2020, 15:53

Hi! Thanks for sharing your story, too. It's been difficult, I can totally understand. I'll send you a private message.
“Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive, and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive.” - Howard Thurman

C4IE

Post by C4IE » 02 Apr 2020, 09:18

an you send me the link as well? thanks

MRS69

Post by MRS69 » 06 Apr 2020, 05:27

Dear Jane-27,

Glad to hear about your inspirational story in the annals to reach the UNO. Just refreshed & reboosted from it. I too among many others, is one of the aspirant want to be with the UNO. So far, I applied nearly 430 applications (all are under security related & mostly investigators positions) and in the year 2012, I obtained a 'Roster Membership' for a FS-5 Position. (Indefinite one) Basing on that, sofar,I applied more than 24 positions with different Missions, as they contacted me being the Roster Member. In the year 2013, Recruitment/HR/NYP asked my details (more) for induction into MINUSMA. After that, no intimation from them. Recently, my 4 applications are "under consideration" with MINUSMA & MINUSCA. Is there any chances for induction and please advise me accordingly.

Regards,
MRS69.

MRS69

Post by MRS69 » 06 Apr 2020, 07:25

Dear jane27,

Great Initiative. I am interest to become your student. I would like to be part of your ''online classes" and want to train under your able leadership please.

Regards
MRS69

jane27

Post by jane27 » 06 Apr 2020, 09:16

Hi!

I appreciate you for bravely sharing your story. If you were asked for details for induction for MINUSMA (and that's way back in 2013), the only time you could say you're "in" is when you received a job offer for you to sign off, along with other forms and documents to submit.

That mission must be in its initial stages at the time as I know some friends transferred there. There could be some factors that affect the finality of recruitment, e.g., posts put on hold or abolished due to funding issues or mandate renewals, priority of posts to existing staff members in other missions whose posts were set for downsizing/abolishment, visa issues of certain nationalities barred by the government there, etc.

Also, FS-5 posts for security may not come as often. You may wish to explore vacancies in other job networks that could be relevant to your expertise and not just focused on security-related and investigation ones.

I wish you all the best!

MRS69 wrote:
06 Apr 2020, 05:27
Dear Jane-27,

Glad to hear about your inspirational story in the annals to reach the UNO. Just refreshed & reboosted from it. I too among many others, is one of the aspirant want to be with the UNO. So far, I applied nearly 430 applications (all are under security related & mostly investigators positions) and in the year 2012, I obtained a 'Roster Membership' for a FS-5 Position. (Indefinite one) Basing on that, sofar,I applied more than 24 positions with different Missions, as they contacted me being the Roster Member. In the year 2013, Recruitment/HR/NYP asked my details (more) for induction into MINUSMA. After that, no intimation from them. Recently, my 4 applications are "under consideration" with MINUSMA & MINUSCA. Is there any chances for induction and please advise me accordingly.

Regards,
MRS69.

MRS69

Post by MRS69 » 12 Apr 2020, 06:56

Dear jane-27,
Happy to hear from you. Thanks for clarification my doubts.

Regards,
Ravisankar. Machavaram.

jane27

Post by jane27 » 12 Apr 2020, 08:30

Hi, Ravisankar!

I just thought about this just now.
I've had colleagues who used to be in security but they're working in the UN in civil affairs, administration, DDR, rule of law, training and in conduct and discipline.
So yes, it's possible to apply for those relevant to you, not just the job network of security only. Just keep monitoring jobs and be open to possibilities.

Also, the UN is calling now for job applications for rapid deployment in response to COVID-19. I'd highly suggest to keep your job search going and apply!

All the best!
MRS69 wrote:
12 Apr 2020, 06:56
Dear jane-27,
Happy to hear from you. Thanks for clarification my doubts.

Regards,
Ravisankar. Machavaram.