You're not alone

Everything about application processes, test, interviews, offers etc. Also share your success stories in this forum!
finis_terrae

Re: You're not alone

Post by finis_terrae » 14 Apr 2020, 13:11

Great tips. Filling out the application, however, cannot be too time consuming because nobody will pay me for it. I've already completed about 40 applications and in case of no answer I will give up. I am too qualified (overqualified maybe) to waste time on such unproductive activities.
Looking for a job at the UN is not the meaning of life.

duhray

Post by duhray » 14 Apr 2020, 13:48

Thank you, Jane. I'm a little late to the post, but I'd love to learn from you!

johne

Post by johne » 14 Apr 2020, 17:49

Hello Jane,

Sorry that i am a little late but i would love to join one of your classes as well. Appreciate your effort and work in creating this!

bmoi

Post by bmoi » 14 Apr 2020, 21:27

Hi Jane 27 i hope you will get this message. I would love to join your training in the hopes of getting that dream job.

I hope you receive this.

Thanks

jane27

Post by jane27 » 15 Apr 2020, 09:29

finis_terrae wrote:
14 Apr 2020, 13:11
Great tips. Filling out the application, however, cannot be too time consuming because nobody will pay me for it. I've already completed about 40 applications and in case of no answer I will give up. I am too qualified (overqualified maybe) to waste time on such unproductive activities.
Looking for a job at the UN is not the meaning of life.
Thanks for the insight. That's very true, you should be able to pursue where your heart lies and aligned with your purpose in life is, and that's whether in the UN or not 😊
“Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive, and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive.” - Howard Thurman

theseus2019

Post by theseus2019 » 16 Apr 2020, 00:18

Hi Jane,

I've been in the talent pool of UNHRC for some months, really like to know more about the process and what I can expect. Not so much information about it. Please send the link to your training group, so much looking forward to it.

Best,

Suzy

Post by Suzy » 16 Apr 2020, 09:46

Thank you Jane for this great initiative! I would love to get your feedback and sound advice!

jane27

Post by jane27 » 18 Apr 2020, 08:59

theseus2019 wrote:
16 Apr 2020, 00:18
Hi Jane,

I've been in the talent pool of UNHRC for some months, really like to know more about the process and what I can expect. Not so much information about it. Please send the link to your training group, so much looking forward to it.

Best,
Hi! UN recruitment can take some time, depending on the current staffing needs in different duty stations and also the expertise you have - whether it's too competitive, meaning a lot of candidates in the same core area of expertise, or it's a very special need that opportunities are not that often to come by.
What I can suggest is that you may like to expand your options by getting to talent pools and responding to calls for applications of other UN organizations especially one that has a likelihood of rapid deployment, like now in the UN's global response to COVID-19. In doing so, you could beef up your expertise and experience, which will in turn increase your competitiveness for future opportunities.
All the best!
“Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive, and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive.” - Howard Thurman

Mer

Post by Mer » 18 Apr 2020, 14:14

Hello Jane27,

I would love to have the link as I am in a recrutement process and would like to prepare for the (hopefully) upcoming interview.

Dejan Kalusevic

Post by Dejan Kalusevic » 19 Apr 2020, 21:36

Hi Jane,
I tried a few times to join this group but unfortunately without success. Maybe I'm a little late to the post, but I'd love to be part of this, and learn from you!
Thanks in advance.