Inquiry About Working For The UN

Discuss different duty stations including living conditions, where to find what, advantages and disadvantage here.
norrisrt

Inquiry About Working For The UN

Post by norrisrt » 20 Nov 2018, 21:12

I am interested in duty stations that are not necessarily in cities but more rural regions although cities might work as well depending on the city. Any suggestions? I am open to travelling anywhere in the world. As a 68 year old retired college professor and writer I would like to give something back before I croak. Strongly support the UN mandate and mission.

Sebastian

Re: Inquiry About Working For The UN

Post by Sebastian » 21 Nov 2018, 06:44

norrisrt wrote:
20 Nov 2018, 21:12
I am interested in duty stations that are not necessarily in cities but more rural regions although cities might work as well depending on the city. Any suggestions? I am open to travelling anywhere in the world. As a 68 year old retired college professor and writer I would like to give something back before I croak. Strongly support the UN mandate and mission.
Welcome to this forum!

I think there are really many opportunities in rural areas/ small town out there. The key question would be more how you find a match for your specific experience and skills, an organization and a duty station.

What steps did you take so far to find an opportunity in the UN?
I'm Sebastian from the UN Job List. I know about the UN Job List and also a little about the UN in general.