How to contest an selection process and its outcome

Things to know before you start applying to jobs in the United Nations. Also, other tips and tricks, common pitfalls and place to discuss employment scams.
Cherine

How to contest an selection process and its outcome

Post by Cherine » 05 Dec 2018, 13:07

Dear members,

I am asking advise on how to contest a flawed selection process and its unfair outcome.
I was recently involved in a selection process that I deem, together with two other candidates, as flawed for failure to assess key requirements listed in the TOR and existence of conflict of interest in the interview panel.
When I contacted the organization regarding this issue, the HRM explained external candidates have no access to the organizations's internal justice system and that any complaint is only held " as a feedback from an external applicant and as an opportunity to review (their) established practices, with due regard to the (organization's) Staff Regulations and Rules and HR policies"
As far as I know, external candidates are entitled some level of justice and process review that exceeds "just providing feedback" to HRM. Particularly, that the HRM never replied to the original complaint, until I wrote to the Joint Appeals Board

Any advise on this matter ?

NevKen

Re: How to contest an selection process and its outcome

Post by NevKen » 05 Dec 2018, 20:37

Cherine wrote:
05 Dec 2018, 13:07
Dear members,

I am asking advise on how to contest a flawed selection process and its unfair outcome.
I was recently involved in a selection process that I deem, together with two other candidates, as flawed for failure to assess key requirements listed in the TOR and existence of conflict of interest in the interview panel.
When I contacted the organization regarding this issue, the HRM explained external candidates have no access to the organizations's internal justice system and that any complaint is only held " as a feedback from an external applicant and as an opportunity to review (their) established practices, with due regard to the (organization's) Staff Regulations and Rules and HR policies"
As far as I know, external candidates are entitled some level of justice and process review that exceeds "just providing feedback" to HRM. Particularly, that the HRM never replied to the original complaint, until I wrote to the Joint Appeals Board

Any advise on this matter ?
Which organization we are talking about ?