Your help wanted! Crowdsourcing E-Recruitment System Status Codes

Things to know before you start applying to jobs in the United Nations. Also, other tips and tricks, common pitfalls and place to discuss employment scams.
Sebastian

Your help wanted! Crowdsourcing E-Recruitment System Status Codes

Post by Sebastian » 23 Sep 2018, 20:31

This Thread is to crowdsource UN E-Recruitment System Status codes and what they mean. I would love to hear from as many of you as possible. Let's collect in this thread what the status updates for the different systems are. I will update this first post whenever new information is coming, so you don't have the read through all pages.

UN/Inspira:

Before application:
Application submitted: "Applied" (with e-mail confirmation)
Long-listing / Short-listing / Testing / Interviewing: Under Consideration
After selection is completed: Selected
After confirmation of interest: Pending Confirmation
- Huge Thanks to @ Ndechitu!

UNDP
- Your help wanted!

UNICEF
- Your help wanted!

UNOPS
- I will look into that - but if you know, please let me know...

WFP
- Your help wanted!

UNV
- Your help wanted!

Anybody else: your help wanted!

Thanks so much!
I'm Sebastian from the UN Job List. I know about the UN Job List and also a little about the UN in general.

Ndechitu

Re: Your help wanted! Crowdsourcing E-Recruitment System Status Codes

Post by Ndechitu » 24 Sep 2018, 08:00

Sebastian wrote:
23 Sep 2018, 20:31
This Thread is to crowdsource UN E-Recruitment System Status codes and what they mean. I would love to hear from as many of you as possible. Let's collect in this thread what the status updates for the different systems are. I will update this first post whenever new information is coming, so you don't have the read through all pages.

UN/Inspira:
Before application:
Application submitted:
Long-listing / Short-listing / Testing / Interviewing:
After selection is completed:
- Please let us know - your help wanted!

UNDP
- Your help wanted!

UNICEF
- Your help wanted!

UNOPS

WFP
- Your help wanted!

UNV
- Your help wanted!

Thanks so much!
Inspira

The process was:

1. Applied
Was sent an email saying that my application had been received,

2. Under Consideration

3. Selected
Was selected to take up the position,

4. Pending Confirmation
This is the present position.

Ndechitu

Post by Ndechitu » 24 Sep 2018, 08:16

Ndechitu wrote:
24 Sep 2018, 08:00
Sebastian wrote:

UN/Inspira:
Before application:
Application submitted:

UNDP
- Your help wanted!

UNICEF
- Your help wanted!

UNOPS

WFP
- Your help wanted!

UNV
- Your help wanted!

Thanks so much!
Inspira

The process was:

1. Applied

2. Under Consideration

3. Selected

4. Pending Confirmation
I applied was at the end of May for the position and the UN Inspira status was "Applied". The UN Inspira status changed to "Under Consideration" thereafter. In the middle of June, I was sent an email requesting me to take a written assessment test in 5 days. There were no results sent back, but I got an invitation to a competency - based interview at the beginning of July, so I believe I passed. At the end of July, I was asked to take the GGST which I did not pass, which is rather odd considering I was selected for the position in mid September hence the UN Inspira status changed to "Selected". I was asked on the same day to confirm my availability to which I did and the UN Inspira status changed to "Pending Confirmation" till presently.

H.O.P

Post by H.O.P » 24 Sep 2018, 12:18

Ndechitu wrote:
24 Sep 2018, 08:16
Ndechitu wrote:
24 Sep 2018, 08:00
Sebastian wrote:

UN/Inspira:
Before application:
Application submitted:

UNDP
- Your help wanted!

UNICEF
- Your help wanted!

UNOPS

WFP
- Your help wanted!

UNV
- Your help wanted!

Thanks so much!
Inspira

The process was:

1. Applied

2. Under Consideration

3. Selected

4. Pending Confirmation
I applied was at the end of May for the position and the UN Inspira status was "Applied". The UN Inspira status changed to "Under Consideration" thereafter. In the middle of June, I was sent an email requesting me to take a written assessment test in 5 days. There were no results sent back, but I got an invitation to a competency - based interview at the beginning of July, so I believe I passed. At the end of July, I was asked to take the GGST which I did not pass, which is rather odd considering I was selected for the position in mid September hence the UN Inspira status changed to "Selected". I was asked on the same day to confirm my availability to which I did and the UN Inspira status changed to "Pending Confirmation" till presently.
UNV:

Once I applied for a special call, it appeared under the "Special calls I have Applied" Column.

If Longlisted:
I get an email informing me and the "Special Call description" appears on the "My assignment proposal Column"
Under "My assignment proposal column" are two buttons "Available for Assignment" and "Unavailable for Assignment". If you choose one, other remains.

If Shortlisted:
You will be contacted by the personnel of the office that needs you. While on the UNV application platform the "Unavailable" button disappears from the My Assignment Proposal Column and the tag "No Action Required" appears.

Post Interview:
Another email, then more columns to fill in are made available on the UNV application platform where you can upload other necessary documents. Then on the "My Assignment Proposal Column" there are two buttons again "Updated Documents uploaded" and "Not available for assignment". I chose the former and the latter remained. So far there is been no change.
I guess if they are done with the reference checking and want to issue a contract the other button will disappear too.

starryhindsight

Post by starryhindsight » 27 Sep 2018, 12:52

Addition to the UNV process.

After the interview and if you are selected, you receive an email stating that you are "under serious consideration" but not to quit your job. As H.O.P. said, more columns appear under your profile to fill up and when you press the button to update documents, you are also asked to enter a tentative date to start your job.

Afterwards, if everything goes well, you receive an offer, to accept or to reject, conditional upon successful security, visa or medical clearance (depending on duty station). The terms of the UNV, allowances, etc are also made clear here.

Sebastian

Post by Sebastian » 29 Sep 2018, 05:16

Thanks so far - I will consolidate the post in a little while - if anybody has anything else to contribute, please do share!
I'm Sebastian from the UN Job List. I know about the UN Job List and also a little about the UN in general.

FingersCrossed

Post by FingersCrossed » 13 Aug 2019, 16:14

World Health Organisation

After applying online through their dedicated system, you get an automated acknowledgement email which states that your application has been received and that only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.

What you can see on the online system:
Job Status: this remains "in progress" until it is completely finished or cancelled. If the position is cancelled it changes to "cancelled". Once the position is officially filled, it changes to "filled". You receive a system generated email saying you were unsuccessful at this point if you have not heard anything else up to then.
Submission status: this tells you whether you are still working on your submission or whether you have submitted it. So while you are still working on it, you will have a link here to "finish draft submission". Once you have submitted your submission, the status will be listed as "completed - updated MMM DD YYYY". When you first submit, the date will be the date you submitted, however I have noticed that the updated date sometimes changes when I was not in the system so it couldn't have been something I did. This makes me think that maybe this is a sign that HR or hiring manager have opened the application? It's not clear though, and there's no additional information to tell whether this is the case or not so who knows ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

For all applications, even those where the job has been cancelled or filled, you have the option to view the submission, view email messages, and withdraw.

Note that the online system really doesn't tell you much at all - I have been invited to interview and asked for references for a previous role, and none of this was reflected in the online system. It was all by personal email with the contact point in the hiring team and those emails were not visible in the online system either.

Hope this is useful to someone!

finsalscollons

Post by finsalscollons » 14 Sep 2019, 00:42

In Inspira, "Applied" is just after you submit an application. After that, it is "Under consideration". I was selected, signed the contract and worked for a year and then left six months ago. My status is still "Pending confirmation", which is weird. This seems to be the final status.

In WFP, once you apply the status is "We are currently reviewing all applications".