SCAMS: UNCRD INTERVIEW, WHO Vendors etc.

A place to discuss working at the United Nations from day to day conditions, benefits, entitlements, relations with the host country, social security, taxes - everything about the job, once you got the job!
Adekunle

SCAMS: UNCRD INTERVIEW, WHO Vendors etc.

Post by Adekunle » 11 Dec 2018, 16:50

[MOD EDIT: Since the topic is recurring please review this thread about scams occurring. Sadly, there are people out there that try to scam you into paying for fake UN job vacancies. Please stay vigilant!]

Hello Sebastian,
Pls guide me...I applied for P4 Finance and Budget officer with UNCRD around July this year..I was sent interview form and personal history form around August...I filled The forms and sent back..The next thing was that around Oct 26th I was sent medical form to complete without any prior invitation for panel interview...i did all the medical tests with my country's college hospital and sent them back before the deadline of Nov 16th....Since November 16, I have not heard anything from them...pls is this process genuine? Is it possible to get medical entry form without panel interview...?
Urgent response is appreciated.

Thank you

Sebastian

Re: UNCRD INTERVIEW AND MEDICALS

Post by Sebastian » 13 Dec 2018, 19:21

Adekunle wrote:
11 Dec 2018, 16:50
Hello Sebastian,
Pls guide me...I applied for P4 Finance and Budget officer with UNCRD around July this year..I was sent interview form and personal history form around August...I filled The forms and sent back..The next thing was that around Oct 26th I was sent medical form to complete without any prior invitation for panel interview...i did all the medical tests with my country's college hospital and sent them back before the deadline of Nov 16th....Since November 16, I have not heard anything from them...pls is this process genuine? Is it possible to get medical entry form without panel interview...?
Urgent response is appreciated.

Thank you
Hi there,

this is most likely a SCAM - whatever you do, do NOT send any money! Not for Visa, not for travel, not for training!

Don't take my word for it, check on the UNCRD site direct:

http://www.uncrd.or.jp/index.php?menu=329
I'm Sebastian from the UN Job List. I know about the UN Job List and also a little about the UN in general.

Agvibrancy

Moved

Post by Agvibrancy » 04 Jan 2019, 14:20

Hi fam. Happy new year.

Pls I need help. A man contacted some of us in the medical field that he can help secure us job with the WHO. I made research and found he is a registered vendor with the UN. Is it possible to get the job seeing he is a registered vendor, if yes, please how long does such recruitment process takes before the employees would be notified?
Warm regards.

Sebastian

Moved

Post by Sebastian » 05 Jan 2019, 20:38

Agvibrancy wrote:
04 Jan 2019, 14:20
Hi fam. Happy new year.

Pls I need help. A man contacted some of us in the medical field that he can help secure us job with the WHO. I made research and found he is a registered vendor with the UN. Is it possible to get the job seeing he is a registered vendor, if yes, please how long does such recruitment process takes before the employees would be notified?
Warm regards.
Hi there,

this is almost certainly a scam. Don't reply, don't answer and whatever you do NEVER send money!

Anybody can register as a vendor with the UN - really it does not mean anything. And there is no way to bypass the regular application process. Don't fall for the scam!
I'm Sebastian from the UN Job List. I know about the UN Job List and also a little about the UN in general.

Mathews

Re: SCAMS: UNCRD INTERVIEW, WHO Vendors etc.

Post by Mathews » 04 Mar 2019, 18:30

Hello Sebastian,

Top of day and hope your day is going great.
Please, I am in a dilemma, that I would need some explanation.
I applied for a vacancy position with UNOPS early October 2018 and I was invited for an assessment test in the 3rd in November.
consequent I was invited for another test in the 2nd week of December for the same position, which I did and believed I passed because of I scheduled for a Skype interview on the 30th of January, 2019. A week after the interview I received a phone call from a UNOPS HR personnel and was told that they are ready to make an offer but wants to know how soon I can start, which we agreed as soon as possible. I was told an offer letter will be sent before the end of the week. But until now I am yet to get the offer letter, I got feedback to my inquiry a week after the HR personnel call that, they are still waiting for approval and advice me not to resign at this stage.
All this while, my application status was applied and the vacancy status remained under review. But today I noticed that my application status has changed to longlisted and vacancy status to shortlisting. I am very confused as this is a position that 2 writing test was done, an interview conducted and I even received a verbal offer. Please, what could be going on here? Are they starting the process all over again? I did not get a response to my inquiry on offer update from the HR personnel.

Thank you.

NevKen

Post by NevKen » 04 Mar 2019, 19:36

Mathews wrote:
04 Mar 2019, 18:30
All this while, my application status was applied and the vacancy status remained under review. But today I noticed that my application status has changed to longlisted and vacancy status to shortlisting. I am very confused as this is a position that 2 writing test was done, an interview conducted and I even received a verbal offer. Please, what could be going on here? Are they starting the process all over again? I did not get a response to my inquiry on offer update from the HR personnel.
Don't be confused by mixing up various events of your concerns and the general process. Congrats that you came this far, the applicants who submitted their applications for the same vacancy announcement waiting a contact, consider the status change is for the rest not for you. There are multiple teams who are responsible for different tasks, some are onto updating status, other assessing a few candidates like you at the same time. It's better to focus your communication with the team rather following status. All you need is a little more patience to get to the time when you sign papers.

Mathews

Post by Mathews » 04 Mar 2019, 21:23

Dear NevKen,

Thanks a lot, for sharing your response, to be sincere I was a bit nervous when I saw the status update.

Regards,

Chisala.XX@gmail.com

Post by Chisala.XX@gmail.com » 24 Mar 2019, 20:54

Dear Sebstian.
I recently applied for a job as FInance and Budget officer from UNCRD I did on interview and now now I have been sent a UN medical form soft copy to do medical tests. Should I go ahead and do medical tests or not

Regards

BC

Sebastian

Post by Sebastian » 01 Jun 2019, 11:43

Chisala.XX@gmail.com wrote:
24 Mar 2019, 20:54
Dear Sebstian.
I recently applied for a job as FInance and Budget officer from UNCRD I did on interview and now now I have been sent a UN medical form soft copy to do medical tests. Should I go ahead and do medical tests or not

Regards

BC
Unless you applied via Inspira, I would not send any details to them. The name UNCRD is known to be abused by scammers.

Elijah Mwenda Kaluma

Re: Duty Station

Post by Elijah Mwenda Kaluma » 08 Jun 2019, 20:53

What about mine Mr. Sebastian ?! Contract letter was written Geneva and the appointment letter Gigiri Offices Nairobi or Kaluma Kenya.
This is what has brought up the delays and requests for money until now ?! It has also brought up delays which are full of lies from top officials in there asking for money first before being told the reporting dates and exact duty station !?

[Mod edit: AS DISCUSSED OFFLINE - PLEASE REPORT SCAM ATTEMPTS VIA THE RIGHT CHANNELS. AND WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT PAY MONEY!]