Billing a consultant contract

A place to discuss working at the United Nations from day to day conditions, benefits, entitlements, relations with the host country, social security, taxes - everything about the job, once you got the job!
Post Reply
Posts: 1
Joined: 07 Feb 2019, 02:31

Billing a consultant contract

Post by washwater » 07 Feb 2019, 02:55

Hi there,

A few years back I worked as a consultant for one of the UN agency.
I couldn't pay my taxes in my home country, which later created a problem when I wanted to invest in a business (and a lot of other headaches for obtaining diverse public benefits).

Today I have a consulting firm providing services to humanitarian and international development organizations.
I see all of those nice "consultancy" positions advertised, like the IICA ones.
I understood that there different payment options and the subject is still quite vague (and "consultant" within the UN is not the same as consultant outside).
But could I just bill them the services I provide through my company?
It would make everything so much easier....

Am I dreaming?


Post Reply