UNOPS ICAA contract status and benefits

A place to discuss working at the United Nations from day to day conditions, benefits, entitlements, relations with the host country, social security, taxes - everything about the job, once you got the job!
Marielena21

Re: UNOPS ICAA contract status and benefits

Post by Marielena21 » 17 Jun 2019, 13:29

Thanks Sebsstian, this was very helpful. I have my interview today. If I get an offer I'll weigh benefits and entitlements vs what I have now at my current job in another UN agency!!!

Francesc Grau Ortiz

Post by Francesc Grau Ortiz » 12 Jul 2019, 03:32

Hii everybody!

Recently I received and offer of LICA-4 contract with UNOPS, and among the conditions they say:

- Annual Leave: No
- Sick Leave: No
- Maternity/Paternity Leave: No
- Service incurred Injury, Illness, Disability and Death Insurance: No
- Death and Permanent Disability Insurance: No
- Health Insurance: No

I read in the forum that benefits like Annual leave, Sick Leave or Parental Leave have to be recognized, can you confirmed?

icaqueries

Post by icaqueries » 05 Aug 2019, 17:11

Hi there, can anyone on here please advise if Germany has an agreement like Denmark, where ICA work is exempt from income tax?

Sebastian

Post by Sebastian » 17 Aug 2019, 07:28

Francesc Grau Ortiz wrote:
12 Jul 2019, 03:32
Hii everybody!

Recently I received and offer of LICA-4 contract with UNOPS, and among the conditions they say:

- Annual Leave: No
- Sick Leave: No
- Maternity/Paternity Leave: No
- Service incurred Injury, Illness, Disability and Death Insurance: No
- Death and Permanent Disability Insurance: No
- Health Insurance: No

I read in the forum that benefits like Annual leave, Sick Leave or Parental Leave have to be recognized, can you confirmed?
Hi,

is this with UNOPS or on behalf of a partner? If this is for UNOPS directly, you should have all these included. If this is a partner personnel contract you might indeed have to discuss this with the organisation you are joining (in this case, UNOPS is only the administrator of the contract)
I'm Sebastian from the UN Job List. I know about the UN Job List and also a little about the UN in general.