Inquiry about application status update

This is the place to ask/discuss all kinds of off-topic questions. Job requests are not wanted in the rest of the forum so this will be the place where they end up. Please note that the "no politics" rule applies to this forum, too.
giselle2175

Inquiry about application status update

Post by giselle2175 » 11 Jun 2019, 16:37

Hi Sebastian,

Thank for creating this platform - very informative to all of us inquiring about UN.

I had applied for a P4 opportunity located in Geneva back in February 2019. I took the written assessement test (30 multiple questions in 30 minutes) on May 2019 and I hae yet to hear from them. These are my questions:

1) As I have to way to follow up, is this a standard waiting time?
2) Should I assume that i have not been selected since it's been a month
3) What are the probabilities of getting when one is external candidate for a P4 post? I came from the private sector (KPMG) in Canada?

Many thanks again,
Meron

Lisa

Re: Inquiry about application status update

Post by Lisa » 28 Jun 2019, 12:17

Hey Meron,
I hope this is helpful.
I applied for a P2 in Geneva on 16th December 2018. I was contacted for a written test online in February, which I did on 10th March.
Towards the end of April I was contacted for a Skype competence-based interview, which I did in 30th April.
( count that the deadline for the online test was on 15th March and I was contacted via email on 23rd April informing me that I had passed the test and inviting me to the Skype interview on 30th April)
I can understand how it feels to wait for a response! I advice you to be patient and wait...or you could just send a kind email asking if there is feedback.
For me, it's now almost 2 months after the competence based interview and I still haven't heard anything. I sent an email 2 weeks ago asking for feedback and I was told that they are in the process of finalising the recruitment and that they would let me know soonest. I'm still waiting!
In the meantime I'm going ahead with my job and with other applications. The waiting can be stressful.

giselle2175

Post by giselle2175 » 28 Jun 2019, 12:27

Thank you so much! I just don't have a way to follow up because they have not left an e-mail address when they sent the written test. I will wait but like I have already started looking for other opportunities!
Good luck and hoepfully one of us or both of us will get positive outcome!

Cheers,
Meron

karen Paul

Post by karen Paul » 15 Aug 2019, 22:30

Hello i applied for a job with unhcr in April and since then no response.Does the recruitment usually take this long? Also is there anyway of following up on ny application process.Thanks.