How to get an internship in the UN

The internship corner on the UN Job List - find your internships here: https://unjl.org/intern and then discuss how to get them in the forum!
chiara

Re: How to get an internship in the UN

Post by chiara » 29 Dec 2018, 22:18

In your experience do they do reference checks for the internships? Based on what I heard they don't, they just do it for positions of at least one year, that's why I exaggerated a bit in the description of tasks I did. But now that I receive 2 interview offers I'm starting to get extremely worried.

Sebastian

Re: How to get an internship in the UN

Post by Sebastian » 01 Jan 2019, 19:17

chiara wrote:
29 Dec 2018, 22:18
In your experience do they do reference checks for the internships? Based on what I heard they don't, they just do it for positions of at least one year, that's why I exaggerated a bit in the description of tasks I did. But now that I receive 2 interview offers I'm starting to get extremely worried.
Always be truthful in your applications. If they check references depends. I always do - but references is not to verify every last detail of your CV but more to check what kind of person you are and if you fit the UN values. Good luck!
I'm Sebastian from the UN Job List. I know about the UN Job List and also a little about the UN in general.