UNOPS application status process

Everything about application processes, test, interviews, offers etc. Also share your success stories in this forum!
NevKen

Re: UNOPS application status process

Post by NevKen » 19 Nov 2018, 20:44

solomonwelle wrote:
19 Nov 2018, 19:59
I seems to get different status which am closely followings

- first= Longlisted / Shortlisting = at that stage I got an invitation for written test. - did the test , 2-3 weeks later, it changed to

- Secondly, Shortlisted/ Evaluation = am not invited for any interview, always I assume as soon as the status changes, the systems automatically send invitation to the selected candidates. could it be true?
Can you detail the status 'changes/updates' as per your experience from start to end (during your application process). That may help the forum to better understand each phase...

Skachumbo

Post by Skachumbo » 22 Nov 2018, 10:47

Hello,
Can you be given an offer based on just a written test even after reference checks?

NevKen

Post by NevKen » 22 Nov 2018, 12:00

Skachumbo wrote:
22 Nov 2018, 10:47
Hello, Can you be given an offer based on just a written test even after reference checks?
Only the selected candidate is offered a position/job after going through a process (by norm: among top 10 and in extreme cases minimum of top 4). The assessment process varies in severity but there is no escape from each individual component of it. Only the rostered candidates get some degree of assessment waiver but they still have to compete in interview.

Sebastian

Post by Sebastian » 22 Nov 2018, 12:54

NevKen wrote:
22 Nov 2018, 12:00
Skachumbo wrote:
Hello, Can you be given an offer based on just a written test even after reference checks?
Only the selected candidate is offered a position/job after going through a process (by norm: among top 10 and in extreme cases minimum of top 4). The assessment process varies in severity but there is no escape from each individual component of it. Only the rostered candidates get some degree of assessment waiver but they still have to compete in interview.
Fully agree - be very careful with processes that just have an "online test" - they are often times employment scams... There are - however - very short-term opportunities that are based on desk-reviews of rostered personnel. But those are not really employment and often merely short-term contracting... Which organisation are you talking about @Skachumbo?
I'm Sebastian from the UN Job List. I know about the UN Job List and also a little about the UN in general.

Skachumbo

Post by Skachumbo » 23 Nov 2018, 08:42

NevKen wrote:
Skachumbo wrote:
Thank you NevKen

Skachumbo

Post by Skachumbo » 23 Nov 2018, 08:43

Sebastian wrote:
22 Nov 2018, 12:54
NevKen wrote:
Skachumbo wrote:
Fully agree - be very careful with processes that just have an "online test" - they are often times employment scams... There are - however - very short-term opportunities that are based on desk-reviews of rostered personnel. But those are not really employment and often merely short-term contracting... Which organisation are you talking about @Skachumbo?
Am talking about UNOPS.

Sebastian

Post by Sebastian » 23 Nov 2018, 09:45

Skachumbo wrote:
23 Nov 2018, 08:43
Sebastian wrote:
22 Nov 2018, 12:54
NevKen wrote:

Am talking about UNOPS.
Very interesting - is that for a 100 day contract?
I'm Sebastian from the UN Job List. I know about the UN Job List and also a little about the UN in general.

cphbkk

Post by cphbkk » 28 Nov 2018, 06:46

Good day all

A very useful forum, thanks to the Team that administers for the tine taken.

I have a few outstanding UNOPS applications and would like to hear comments on the status please:

One, position was closed Feb 2018, application status 'long-listed'; vacancy status 'shortlisting' - from what I read here and my understanding of the process, I am still in consideration at this point. The question I have is this timeframe (~9 months, but not sure how long it has been in 'shortlisting' phase) reasonable, or is it perhaps they have not done an update on the status for this role?

Two, A retainer role, was closed in Mar 2018, application status 'applied'; vacancy status 'evaluation' - is this still a potential fit given it is for a retainer list rather than a specific role? (if it were a specific role I would suspect I am not under consideration, but not sure if retainers work differently)

Three, position closed Oct 18, application status ' applied'; vacancy status 'under review' - here I suspect I am still in consideration,. but given the above, can expect a long period to pass before getting to a conclusion, especially now as December is in a few days so the 2018 work year will start to wind down.

I also have one final question about the vacancy status of 'archived' - I see this quite frequently, with application status of all sorts - does it mean the position is no longer required/approved/funded and has been cancelled?

Thanks in advance for your replies, and happy holidays as well. :D

Tamimi

Post by Tamimi » 02 Dec 2018, 08:22

Hi there. Would all shortlisted candidates be interviewed or only those who do well in the written assignment? Thanks in advance.

Sebastian

Post by Sebastian » 02 Dec 2018, 09:53

cphbkk wrote:
28 Nov 2018, 06:46
One, position was closed Feb 2018, application status 'long-listed'; vacancy status 'shortlisting' - from what I read here and my understanding of the process, I am still in consideration at this point. The question I have is this timeframe (~9 months, but not sure how long it has been in 'shortlisting' phase) reasonable, or is it perhaps they have not done an update on the status for this role?
Sorry, this is likely not the case: it means that you were long-listed (your application) - but that the vacancy is moved into short-listing (i.e. you are not part of the short-list). It may be that at some point in future they expand the short-list but that is less likely... Sorry.

I believe that is also the case for the other vacancies you applied to.
I also have one final question about the vacancy status of 'archived' - I see this quite frequently, with application status of all sorts - does it mean the position is no longer required/approved/funded and has been cancelled?
It typically means the process is completed and archived, i.e. no further action is taken. In most cases a candidate has been found and the position was filled, in others it might have been cancelled. The application status is then just a reflection of how far you have come in that process.