Success stories!

Everything about application processes, test, interviews, offers etc. Also share your success stories in this forum!
H.O.P
Posts: 142
Joined: 21 Sep 2018, 11:51
Has thanked: 62 times
Been thanked: 63 times

Re: Success stories!

Post by H.O.P » 21 Dec 2018, 14:10

Great news everyone. My anxiety has been calmed for the holidays. My visa has finally been approved. Come January, I will be starting the next chapter as an IUNV. It is has been a very long ride, but, I am really happy right now. Thank you all for all the support you've provided on this platform.

Special thanks to Sebastian, for this website/platform. It has been a very helpful source during this ride.

Papa
Posts: 33
Joined: 29 Aug 2018, 20:54
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 19 times

Re: Success stories!

Post by Papa » 21 Dec 2018, 17:42

Hey H.O.P
Once again congratulations and all the best in your duty station. I am still waiting for the feedback on my medical. On the other hand I was advised my visa application would normally take two weeks to be approved. We are talking about mid January to begin boarding process. All the best!!!

H.O.P
Posts: 142
Joined: 21 Sep 2018, 11:51
Has thanked: 62 times
Been thanked: 63 times

Re: Success stories!

Post by H.O.P » 21 Dec 2018, 17:57

Papa wrote:
21 Dec 2018, 17:42
Hey H.O.P
Once again congratulations and all the best in your duty station. I am still waiting for the feedback on my medical. On the other hand I was advised my visa application would normally take two weeks to be approved. We are talking about mid January to begin boarding process. All the best!!!
Thank you. Yes it normally takes 2 weeks but mine wan an exception that took a bit over 2 months. Good luck as you finish yours too.

Papa
Posts: 33
Joined: 29 Aug 2018, 20:54
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 19 times

Re: Success stories!

Post by Papa » 02 Jan 2019, 15:35

Hey team
Today I got my medical clearance, for the last two weeks I have waited for the feedback. Now am waiting for my visa approval. What am learning is that every step of UN recruitment requires a certain level of patience from one step to another can take weeks to months. Thanks everyone for your encouragements and wise words...

starryhindsight
Posts: 56
Joined: 21 Sep 2018, 14:41
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 30 times

Re: Success stories!

Post by starryhindsight » 02 Jan 2019, 19:24

Congrats Papa and H.O.P!

Papa
Posts: 33
Joined: 29 Aug 2018, 20:54
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 19 times

Re: Success stories!

Post by Papa » 10 Jan 2019, 17:24

Hey team
After 135 application and only two interviews since 2017, am finally leaving for my duty station on Monday. One thing I have noted is the process is so slow but when offered a position it moves in a lighting speed receiving up to two emails in a day from either Hr or your future supervisor. Am yet to pack my bags and say bye to friends et cetera now am wishing for one more week.
Special thanks to Sebastian for your unconditional support. H.O.P, Nevken, Starryhindsight, Mdr and the rest of the team. Hope one day we will meet one on one.
To the rest of the team never cease to applying and seeking advice

mdr
Posts: 66
Joined: 12 Sep 2018, 12:08
Has thanked: 47 times
Been thanked: 38 times

Re: Success stories!

Post by mdr » 11 Jan 2019, 12:25

Papa wrote:
10 Jan 2019, 17:24
Hey team
After 135 application and only two interviews since 2017, am finally leaving for my duty station on Monday. One thing I have noted is the process is so slow but when offered a position it moves in a lighting speed receiving up to two emails in a day from either Hr or your future supervisor. Am yet to pack my bags and say bye to friends et cetera now am wishing for one more week.
Special thanks to Sebastian for your unconditional support. H.O.P, Nevken, Starryhindsight, Mdr and the rest of the team. Hope one day we will meet one on one.
To the rest of the team never cease to applying and seeking advice
That's so good to hear! Glad your persistence paid off! Had a very similar journey myself. And the numerous emails are no joke! Haha! All the best with the dream job!

starryhindsight
Posts: 56
Joined: 21 Sep 2018, 14:41
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 30 times

Re: Success stories!

Post by starryhindsight » 11 Jan 2019, 14:03

Best of luck, Papa. I'm on my first week at my duty station, first I was nervous but now I feel a lot better fitting in.

H.O.P
Posts: 142
Joined: 21 Sep 2018, 11:51
Has thanked: 62 times
Been thanked: 63 times

Re: Success stories!

Post by H.O.P » 11 Jan 2019, 14:42

starryhindsight wrote:
11 Jan 2019, 14:03
Best of luck, Papa. I'm on my first week at my duty station, first I was nervous but now I feel a lot better fitting in.
Starry it's good hearing from you concerning your first week. All the best!

mdr
Posts: 66
Joined: 12 Sep 2018, 12:08
Has thanked: 47 times
Been thanked: 38 times

Re: Success stories!

Post by mdr » 22 Feb 2019, 21:53

Hi everyone! Thought I'd update that I've been in my duty station for for over 2 weeks now- I can't really comment much on work yet (although I wouldn't say it's stressful plus everyone at the workplace has been warm and welcoming), it's more of the settling-in process that is a complete nightmare but I've been told by my colleagues that it is 'normal'. I'm not sure if I should make a separate thread on accommodation woes as I think this usually depends on duty stations and probably organization support as well but it would be cool to hear insights. I think I'll get in the swing of things after a month or so.

Post Reply