UNOPS application status process

Everything about application processes, test, interviews, offers etc. Also share your success stories in this forum!
NevKen

Re: UNOPS application status process

Post by NevKen » 02 Dec 2018, 12:16

Tamimi wrote:
02 Dec 2018, 08:22
Hi there. Would all shortlisted candidates be interviewed or only those who do well in the written assignment? Thanks in advance.
Only the top few based on various assessments that they undergo during the process.

cphbkk

Post by cphbkk » 03 Dec 2018, 10:43

HI Sebastian

Thanks for your replies, appreciate it.

Tamimi

Post by Tamimi » 06 Dec 2018, 09:43

Dear Sebastian, thanks for all your support.

I have a question about whether ICS contracts include medical and life insurance or not? How would a candidate respond to a question about salary estimate during an interview if that type of agreements/ contract doesn't cover medical and life insurance please? The same applies for post adjustment and relocation cost. Would the a salary estimate through SalCalcInt be acceptable salary to mention in case asked such question? Thanks in advance.

H.O.P

Post by H.O.P » 18 Dec 2018, 20:10

I have made several applications at the UNOPS website, but I have noticed that neither the vacancy nor the application status has ever changed. Does this mean recruitment was not done for these positions? I have read so many people here talking about their application status changing but mine never does. What could be the problem?

Sebastian

Post by Sebastian » 22 Dec 2018, 16:45

Tamimi wrote:
06 Dec 2018, 09:43

I have a question about whether ICS contracts include medical and life insurance or not? How would a candidate respond to a question about salary estimate during an interview if that type of agreements/ contract doesn't cover medical and life insurance please? The same applies for post adjustment and relocation cost. Would the a salary estimate through SalCalcInt be acceptable salary to mention in case asked such question? Thanks in advance.
For the ICA contracts: the local ICAs have a Health Insurance and a Provident Fund included for those contracts relocation costs don't typically apply (you are supposed to be a local for a local contract ;-) ) Local ICAs follow a scale that's often (not always) comparable to the local GS scales.

For international ICAs: this requires a bit more a research. You would need to estimate what it costs you to get health insurance right for your situation. I think that UNOPS has an offer but I heard it is quite expensive so you might need to evaluate if that's right for you. Often you will get an offer which you could try to negotiate (this works sometimes, sometimes the hiring manager is not able to negotiate). But if you get to this stage it is not a bidding process. So estimate what you need, rather than what you believe others might ask for... Good luck!
I'm Sebastian from the UN Job List. I know about the UN Job List and also a little about the UN in general.

Tamimi

Post by Tamimi » 02 Jan 2019, 10:30

Thanks for the response. It is much appreciated. I am still waiting for results after the interview. I hope I will be able to share good news soon. Happy new year and thanks for your continuous support.

Malone

Post by Malone » 04 Jan 2019, 11:42

I have a similar experience. I applied to UNOPS several months ago, about a month ago they invited me to complete the written evaluation. I assume that I passed that because I was then invited for an interview. They have now asked for my references, I know that all three have replied. But since then, I've heard nothing. I would normally find that asking for references was a good sign. I don't know what is happening, if they are interested or not.

Jannu

Post by Jannu » 16 Jan 2019, 18:33

I got Application Status: Applied and Vacancy Status: Under review. I was asked to take written test. To me application and vacancy status do not reflect current situation when they are calling people to take test. I assume that not everyone takes test so status should be like longlisted at least.

simkas

Post by simkas » 04 Feb 2019, 09:29

Sebastian wrote:
22 Dec 2018, 16:45
Tamimi wrote:
06 Dec 2018, 09:43

For the ICA contracts: the local ICAs have a Health Insurance and a Provident Fund included for those contracts relocation costs don't typically apply (you are supposed to be a local for a local contract ;-) ) Local ICAs follow a scale that's often (not always) comparable to the local GS scales.

For international ICAs: this requires a bit more a research. You would need to estimate what it costs you to get health insurance right for your situation. I think that UNOPS has an offer but I heard it is quite expensive so you might need to evaluate if that's right for you. Often you will get an offer which you could try to negotiate (this works sometimes, sometimes the hiring manager is not able to negotiate). But if you get to this stage it is not a bidding process. So estimate what you need, rather than what you believe others might ask for... Good luck!

Dear Sebastian,

Thank you for your insights! it is very much appreciated as it is pretty hard to get more information on ICAs.

Regarding the International ICAs, does UNOPS pay for the expenses incurred for the removal? And also regarding US visa, does UNOPS provide visa for spouses? I know thats the case for UN staff, but this is IICA, so not sure how it works.

Thank you!

sobia

my application status changed from shortlisting to Evaluating

Post by sobia » 07 Feb 2019, 18:09

Thank you all, please can you explain what it means if my application status changes from shortlisting to Evaluating.
i have not received any regrets or interview notice. i have also not written any selection tests. what are are my prospects, will i get the job and how soon will this evaluation move to the next stage