Is this normal?

Everything about application processes, test, interviews, offers etc. Also share your success stories in this forum!
Post Reply
cenzo
Posts: 17
Joined: 08 Jan 2019, 16:12
Has thanked: 1 time

Is this normal?

Post by cenzo » 06 Mar 2019, 14:12

Hello everyone!!

I have a few applications made on December and their timeline was by the end of that month. The status of those applications is still “under consideration". Same is happening with a lot of applications that have already ended by middle January.
I did not get one single mail or phone call for any assessment and - believe me - I have all the requirements they ask for, and even more.
Is it normal to take more than 2 months to have a shortlist or are they only changing the application status when all the recruitment process is finished?
Regards to all and good luck !!

User avatar
NevKen
Posts: 166
Joined: 04 Aug 2018, 13:48
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 64 times

Re: Is this normal?

Post by NevKen » 06 Mar 2019, 15:17

cenzo wrote:
06 Mar 2019, 14:12
Hello everyone!!

I have a few applications made on December and their timeline was by the end of that month. The status of those applications is still “under consideration". Same is happening with a lot of applications that have already ended by middle January.
I did not get one single mail or phone call for any assessment and - believe me - I have all the requirements they ask for, and even more.
Is it normal to take more than 2 months to have a shortlist or are they only changing the application status when all the recruitment process is finished?
Regards to all and good luck !!
Yes, it's very normal for 90% of applicants. The day you fall in the remaining 10% you still will notice the same.

Farouk B
Posts: 2
Joined: 10 Mar 2019, 15:49

Re: Is this normal?

Post by Farouk B » 10 Mar 2019, 16:37

It is 100% normal... If you are to start a career with UN, you have to first coach youself what we call patience, UN recruitment takes atleast six months and even more up to a year... So just take a cocktail and push on as usual dont expect feedback soon even when you over qualify for the job.. Take heart.

Post Reply