Web provider

Discuss different duty stations including living conditions, where to find what, advantages and disadvantage here.
cenzo

Web provider

Post by cenzo » 17 Apr 2019, 11:22

Hello, everybody
My question is simple. Is it usual to have internet on the compounds on isolated areas such as Central Africa and related? How often you can use it on a daily basis? It there any restriction or something?
This question might look stupid, but in case of being selected for a region like that, I would like to know how often I can contact my family.
Can anyone give a answer?

NevKen

Re: Web provider

Post by NevKen » 17 Apr 2019, 12:02

cenzo wrote:
17 Apr 2019, 11:22
Hello, everybody
My question is simple. Is it usual to have internet on the compounds on isolated areas such as Central Africa and related? How often you can use it on a daily basis? It there any restriction or something?
This question might look stupid, but in case of being selected for a region like that, I would like to know how often I can contact my family.
Can anyone give a answer?
Africa, does not mean lack of communication network. Of course at work you will enjoy a greater broadband and off duty you may buy lower bandwidth connection but either way communication is not a problem. Unless you are traveling to isolated field mission into wilderness of Africa, in that case you may not find consistent coverage.

cenzo

Re: Web provider

Post by cenzo » 17 Apr 2019, 13:04

Thank you, NevKen
Your answer is a good help to understand the all idea of internet use in some regions.
And is a proof that my question was not so stupid at all, kkkkkk...
I believe that if you are able to contact your family on a daily basis, it will be better for someone who is on those regions to be more productive and focused on is goals. It will be a comfort to the soul to keep going on and to face adversity.