What are characteristics of scam?

Everything about application processes, test, interviews, offers etc. Also share your success stories in this forum!
cherrygirl

What are characteristics of scam?

Post by cherrygirl » 24 Jul 2020, 04:52

Hi, recently took a test and got invited for an interview for the job I applied directly on the recruiting agency. But I am a little bit not sure if it is really the job or not because it took them 9 months!!! to invite me for the test and only 3 weeks to the interview. i looked up for names of the people who sent me the invitation emails and some of them showed up and some were just completely irrelevant role in the same organization.

H.O.P

Re: What are characteristics of scam?

Post by H.O.P » 24 Jul 2020, 09:25

Depends on the Agency, some take that much time to invite for a test (I have experienced this). The interview could be done quicker. But, I will say look out for them asking for money or any information that requires giving up your financial details. Other than that, just see where the interview goes.

Mer

Re: What are characteristics of scam?

Post by Mer » 24 Jul 2020, 18:29

From what I have experienced, it is normal to have 1 person on your interview panel from a completely different position as an external reviewer. I have found that reading the manager recruiting guide it really helps to understand the steps and the delays involved. It's easily found online.
As for the 9 months delay, it seems pretty normal from what I have read on this forum and from what I have experienced.