Success stories!

Everything about application processes, test, interviews, offers etc. Also share your success stories in this forum!
sunnyboldg

Re: Success stories!

Post by sunnyboldg » 12 Sep 2018, 17:37

Dear Sir, my personal experiences are exceptionally distinct. I have been on the job hunt in UN for over 10yrs with 4 intermittent peacekeeping missions besides being in rosters & the relevant experience best suited to the job description etc I still am hopeful while making every effort that humanly should be made except calling those at influential positions within the system and those who called did make their dream come true.

Experiences vary. Some disagree and some shall agree to this aspect of mine. I should not name the duty stations where the guys landed over night. Hiring managers do oblige and in certain cases beyond reasonable limits. I stay in constant touch with aspirants / candidates 24/7 following who is who at what level and Boom! they got picked up.

It is unfortunate and untraceable because all the loopholes are properly plugged and formalities fulfilled to avoid being questioned. It is happening and it happens every day but as I said it is hard to detect. Choices are made irrespective of even diabolic cultural variations over perfect cultural congruity which must be counted as a plus but compromised.

NevKen

Post by NevKen » 12 Sep 2018, 18:13

BTW there were no rape reports filed with the police for all those years, it was just the hashtag metoo movement that brought Weinstein down. I am wondering what name you will give this time igniting another hashtag movement.

Ndechitu

Post by Ndechitu » 12 Sep 2018, 19:04

Dear hopefuls. After taking a written test on mid June, passing it, having a competency - based interview in the beginning of July and getting to sit for a GGST which I am supposed to resit at the end of October, I have been selected for a G6 level position today. The process took at most 4 months. Patience was a virtue and I finally made it. I wish the best to everyone pursuing an interest to work with the UN.

Sebastian

Post by Sebastian » 12 Sep 2018, 19:06

Ndechitu wrote:
12 Sep 2018, 19:04
Dear hopefuls. After taking a written test on mid June, passing it, having a competency - based interview in the beginning of July and getting to sit for a GGST which I am supposed to resit at the end of October, I have been selected for a G6 level position today. The process took at most 4 months. Patience was a virtue and I finally made it. I wish the best to everyone pursuing an interest to work with the UN.
Congratulations! Well done! All my best!

This is Nairobi, correct?
I'm Sebastian from the UN Job List. I know about the UN Job List and also a little about the UN in general.

NevKen

Post by NevKen » 12 Sep 2018, 19:07

Ndechitu wrote:
12 Sep 2018, 19:04
Congrats and a great future ahead !

Ndechitu

Post by Ndechitu » 12 Sep 2018, 20:40

Yes NevKen. It is in Nairobi. Much appreciated.

Sebastian

Post by Sebastian » 22 Sep 2018, 08:31

Hi all,

bumping this thread with a recent success story:

Congrats to Starbuck!
Starbuck wrote:
20 Sep 2018, 15:40
Dear all, I got the offer! The process was a lot shorter than I expected.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=18&start=20
I'm Sebastian from the UN Job List. I know about the UN Job List and also a little about the UN in general.

Ndechitu

Post by Ndechitu » 24 Sep 2018, 16:13

Ndechitu wrote:
12 Sep 2018, 20:40
Yes NevKen. It is in Nairobi. Much appreciated.
Just received my letter of offer today to which I have stated that I'll be available to start in two weeks. Waiting on the way forward.

starryhindsight

Post by starryhindsight » 27 Sep 2018, 13:25

Just got a UNV offer pending medical clearance. (: Thanks everyone!

H.O.P

Post by H.O.P » 27 Sep 2018, 13:52

starryhindsight wrote:
27 Sep 2018, 13:25
Just got a UNV offer pending medical clearance. (: Thanks everyone!
Wow! Congratulations! How long did you wait between reference checking and receiving an offer? I am still waiting on them. I am wondering now if I should send a gentle reminder to see if there is a problem?