Feedback after written test (FAO & UNCDF)

Everything about application processes, test, interviews, offers etc. Also share your success stories in this forum!
CKI

Feedback after written test (FAO & UNCDF)

Post by CKI » 15 Apr 2020, 09:45

Hi Everyone,

First of all I must appreciate that its a great forum for the UN job aspirants. Now, coming to the topic, I needed your input on the timelines and probability for selection for next stage after the written test.

Indeed, during last week, I had couple of written tests for FAO and UNCDF (P4) positions. The FAO was one hour test (2 questions), whereas UNCDF was 3.5 hrs with a case study (9 questions). I did satisfactorily in both these tests. I have relevant qualifications and experience; my query is whether the UN agencies take cognizance of qualifications and experience alongwith the test score for calling the candidates for interview.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

CKI

MMS

Re: Feedback after written test (FAO & UNCDF)

Post by MMS » 18 Apr 2020, 00:13

I don't think so, your qualifications and experiences have already been thoroughly reviewed and as a result your shortlisted for the written tests. Written tests and interviews are just to assess your knowledge, remember qualifications and experiences doesn't give exact picture of your knowledge.

jane27

Post by jane27 » 18 Apr 2020, 09:23

MMS wrote:
18 Apr 2020, 00:13
I don't think so, your qualifications and experiences have already been thoroughly reviewed and as a result your shortlisted for the written tests. Written tests and interviews are just to assess your knowledge, remember qualifications and experiences doesn't give exact picture of your knowledge.
Agree on this.
In my observation and experience with recruitment, qualifications and experience will be revisited together with the results of assessments and interviews, to determine the ranking for selection of candidates and to justify why the selected candidate is the best based on such evidence/data.
“Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive, and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive.” - Howard Thurman

CKI

Post by CKI » 18 Apr 2020, 10:28

jane27 wrote:
18 Apr 2020, 09:23
MMS wrote:
18 Apr 2020, 00:13
Agree on this.
In my observation and experience with recruitment, qualifications and experience will be revisited together with the results of assessments and interviews, to determine the ranking for selection of candidates and to justify why the selected candidate is the best based on such evidence/data.
Thanks MMS and jane27. My follow up query is how long it would take to know about the outcome of the written test for UNCDF and FAO.

CKI

Post by CKI » 05 May 2020, 08:36

I followed up with the HR of FAO & UNCDF regarding the outcome of written test. One of them conveyed that assessment of test is going ON and the outcome will be communicated in due course of time. However, the other reply was confusing as the HR communicated that the assessment is going ON and I will be invited for an interview within couple of weeks (this was 2 weeks ago), however, so far, I have not received any communication from them. Any idea what this mean?

Mer

Post by Mer » 05 May 2020, 20:02

hello CKI,
I have passed a written assessment same week as you for another agency. Like you I think I did pretty good.
I have followed up with HR yesterday and it's still ongoing.
I think these are normal delays, I was told from two friends at the UN (same organisation that I applied to) that this stage can take anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months... the waiting period is the worst!

Please let me know if you get news of an interview, I will do the same!

CKI

Post by CKI » 14 May 2020, 10:00

Got an interview call from FAO after the written test. Request your suggestions for the same.

Regards

Mer

Post by Mer » 14 May 2020, 14:10

@CKI Just got an email today for an interview as well for the 21st!
What are the odds!!!
I'm so excited!

CKI

Post by CKI » 22 May 2020, 12:47

Had my interview couple of days ago. It was satisfactory. However, I do not have proficiency in other UN languages as the panel wanted to know my knowledge about them by asking one question. Whether this will go against me? How the final selection list is decided?