Job Reposted?!

Everything about application processes, test, interviews, offers etc. Also share your success stories in this forum!
sookie

Job Reposted?!

Post by sookie » 19 Oct 2018, 07:49

Hi all,

I applied for a UN position back in late August 2018. Up to today, my application status in Inspira still reads as "under consideration."

However, I've just found out the the exact same job advert has been reposted on UN job sites. What does this mean exactly? Should I go ahead and reapply, even though I'm still under consideration? Or does it mean I shouldn't bother - that my previous application was/is weak?

Jannu

Re: Job Reposted?!

Post by Jannu » 19 Oct 2018, 08:29

I have cancellations and then right after that same position is open for applications.
I would apply to this new one too. My opinion is that it is hard to guess exact meaning what is happening there.

H.O.P

Post by H.O.P » 19 Oct 2018, 10:39

sookie wrote:
19 Oct 2018, 07:49
Hi all,

I applied for a UN position back in late August 2018. Up to today, my application status in Inspira still reads as "under consideration."

However, I've just found out the the exact same job advert has been reposted on UN job sites. What does this mean exactly? Should I go ahead and reapply, even though I'm still under consideration? Or does it mean I shouldn't bother - that my previous application was/is weak?
Usually, if they re-advertise a position, they put like a "warning/notice" that previous applicants shouldn't re-apply. But, if this is not the case with this position, then go ahead and re-apply. Good luck!

sookie

Post by sookie » 19 Oct 2018, 12:21

H.O.P wrote:
19 Oct 2018, 10:39
sookie wrote:
19 Oct 2018, 07:49
Hi all,

Usually, if they re-advertise a position, they put like a "warning/notice" that previous applicants shouldn't re-apply. But, if this is not the case with this position, then go ahead and re-apply. Good luck!
Thanks. No such warning was posted.

Pete

Post by Pete » 19 Oct 2018, 17:42

Then I would totally go for it one more time.