How many do you have applications as under consideration over 6months?

Everything about application processes, test, interviews, offers etc. Also share your success stories in this forum!
jae jung.sim

How many do you have applications as under consideration over 6months?

Post by jae jung.sim » 19 Oct 2018, 20:09

How are you. guys?
I am wondering that I have applicated to UN. I have 100s applications as under consideration over 6months. How about you? I have submitted applications to political security humanitarian etc. at UN. However I have not been interwiew. Should I give up and find other job? I want to get job and work in UN.
Could someone advice to me!!!
Thanks!!! sincerely.

H.O.P

Re: How many do you have applications as under consideration over 6months?

Post by H.O.P » 20 Oct 2018, 08:53

jae jung.sim wrote:
19 Oct 2018, 20:09
How are you. guys?
I am wondering that I have applicated to UN. I have 100s applications as under consideration over 6months. How about you? I have submitted applications to political security humanitarian etc. at UN. However I have not been interwiew. Should I give up and find other job? I want to get job and work in UN.
Could someone advice to me!!!
Thanks!!! sincerely.
I have as well. The status only changes automatically to recruitment completed after a while. So, I never pay attention to the application status on Inspira because it seems it does not really change as the process goes on and then automatically go to show the end of the process.

jae jung.sim

Post by jae jung.sim » 20 Oct 2018, 11:25

Does procedure take long time? In case of the other guys, just take in a month to interwiew. so it almost notifies next procedure to passed applicants. does not it?

H.O.P

Post by H.O.P » 20 Oct 2018, 12:09

jae jung.sim wrote:
20 Oct 2018, 11:25
Does procedure take long time? In case of the other guys, just take in a month to interwiew. so it almost notifies next procedure to passed applicants. does not it?
Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. It depends on the hiring office and the urgency.

jae jung.sim

Post by jae jung.sim » 20 Oct 2018, 13:19

If so. When although someone is next procedured at same part, does my application still remain with under consideration untill finall confirmation?

H.O.P

Post by H.O.P » 20 Oct 2018, 14:23

jae jung.sim wrote:
20 Oct 2018, 13:19
If so. When although someone is next procedured at same part, does my application still remain with under consideration untill finall confirmation?
I don't quite get your question. But, from my experience, all applications under the Inspira Portal remain as under consideration until the vacancy is filled and it is changed to Recruitment Completed. I have made over 200 applications on this portal (starting from when I used to apply for internships and it has always been the same). If you move to the next stage, you will definitely be contacted by email.

Jannu

Post by Jannu » 20 Oct 2018, 15:24

I do not get why it it need to be this way.
Large international companies are able to give feedback quickly. No way all applications are under consideration to the last minute when they get offer accepted. Process can't take many months. What kind of company could accept to wait resources for months?
It is not so time consuming to find those who take test or exam and from them to choose those to interview. Even there would be high bureaucracy with various teams and panels etc. 6 months is too much.
Plus status changes are not automated or linked to the process.

H.O.P

Post by H.O.P » 20 Oct 2018, 17:42

Jannu wrote:
20 Oct 2018, 15:24
I do not get why it it need to be this way.
Large international companies are able to give feedback quickly. No way all applications are under consideration to the last minute when they get offer accepted. Process can't take many months. What kind of company could accept to wait resources for months?
It is not so time consuming to find those who take test or exam and from them to choose those to interview. Even there would be high bureaucracy with various teams and panels etc. 6 months is too much.
Plus status changes are not automated or linked to the process.
I am currently going through a recruitment process that has taken more than 6 months now. I haven't been deployed yet. This means that other candidates who were not the ones chosen may not have been contacted yet. But similarly, I went through a process that in one month I got a regret letter. But that has been the fastest one so far. The UN receives far more application than ordinary International Companies I presume. Plus being run like a government agency, it will suffer similar bureaucracy. I never wait on an application for more than 3-6 months. If I get no contact within the first 3 months from when a vacancy closes, I do not bother anymore. Usually, it means I wasn't longlisted or shortlisted.

jae jung.sim

Post by jae jung.sim » 20 Oct 2018, 18:43

So, UN should everytime notify to the others when they choose some candidates!!! Of coarsely, UN. they are saying do it.
However, This page, apoint of argument is not that UN's every procedure do that. Sometime UN immediately notify to failed people. Sometime UN don't notify. Then they occure matters about hopes of many people.
thanks.

jae jung.sim

Post by jae jung.sim » 22 Oct 2018, 07:26

What is shortlisted? What is longlisted? Is it shift automatically for more than time when a month or two months are?
Could you tell me?