How many applications did you file to UN jobs?

Everything about application processes, test, interviews, offers etc. Also share your success stories in this forum!

How many UN jobs did you apply to in the past 2 years?

No application yet - still waiting for my dream job to come by
7%
1 or 2
15%
3-5
9%
6-9
10%
10-15
10%
16-25
12%
25-50
7%
51-100
10%
101-150
7%
More than 150
12%

Total votes: 68

cherrygirl

Re: How many applications did you file to UN jobs?

Post by cherrygirl » 18 May 2019, 02:02

Shabazz The Disciple wrote:
15 May 2019, 09:35
Ohh sorry when I said 18 interviews I meant interviews from other agencies such as the World Bank, African Development Bank, the UN and other agencies not just the UN. I just I hate that I feel so unlucky and frustrated in this recruitment process. I really need to work on my interviewing skills, either that, or they have someone internally in mind, which means I really need to network. Something I am doing is not write.
Hi, I understand your frustration pretty well.
I've done the test/interviews with more than 10 organisations (still far from what you've done) and I got one in the end. But I have to keep applying as my current contract pays low but gives way more responsibilities that before.......It is so difficult. But cheer up. My friends who are in the system told me applying for the UN jobs is like a habit as nothing is permanent in this UN system....

Shabazz The Disciple

Re: How many applications did you file to UN jobs?

Post by Shabazz The Disciple » 20 May 2019, 14:08

Thanks Cherrygirl (Nice Name :)

It is really frustrating, but I have been thinking rather than going through all these frustrations, maybe the universe is trying to tell me something, maybe my skills will be useful somewhere else or I should not just give up the UN applications all together, learning now on what you said that NOTHING in the UN is permanent, is that what I really want? Why am I having all these negative feelings about these applications? Even being inside the UN doesn't mean that your job maybe challenging or secure or satisfying. Its more about luck more than anything else.
The Almighty gave each and everyone of us a natural gift of earning a living, maybe I should focus my time on in identifying what that skill is.