Second, informal interview with a high-ranking UN official

Everything about application processes, test, interviews, offers etc. Also share your success stories in this forum!
Annzie

Second, informal interview with a high-ranking UN official

Post by Annzie » 07 Aug 2018, 19:04

Good day everyone,
I can share my story and also wish to get some insight.
I applied in NY early July, advert closed mid July. A competency base interview was on 20 July. Then suddenly on on 27 July I got a phone call and I was invited to a second, informal one-on-one interview next day, with the head of that division. This person was very nice, said that I was one of the top candidates etc and that they choose very soon. Today is 7 August. It's not time that concerns me as much as why they do the 2nd interview? I applied for a G-4 position that is temp. job. Why they want to go through so much hassle to find a temporary assistant? Of course I am honored to meet the chair but it gets your hopes up.
I am still hopeful:)Thank you.

Sebastian

Re: Second, informal interview with a high-ranking UN official

Post by Sebastian » 09 Aug 2018, 17:47

I would not be too concerned just yet. The problem is that from decision for a specific candidate to being able to provide an offer a lot of time passes. Good luck in any case!
I'm Sebastian from the UN Job List. I know about the UN Job List and also a little about the UN in general.

Annzie

Post by Annzie » 10 Aug 2018, 14:23

Thank you Sebastian for the reply. Just is it common that they invite to the second interview? Is it a good sign?

Sebastian

Post by Sebastian » 10 Aug 2018, 16:42

It is definitely a good sign. I know of that other places in the UN where this is happening, too.
I'm Sebastian from the UN Job List. I know about the UN Job List and also a little about the UN in general.

Annzie

Post by Annzie » 10 Aug 2018, 19:21

Thanks!

Omoaiye

Post by Omoaiye » 05 Mar 2020, 05:20

Hello Annzie,
Just to check with you if you got the job? I am also in the same position you were sometimes ago, I applied for a P3 temporary position and got a call for a brief discussion with the Cheif of the division, I found it kinda not cool to be going through this. The Chief in my case was no cool at all and very harsh on me and asked a series of questions that weren't job-related. After he apologized and told me he wanted to see my reactions. Its been 10 days after that, I am yet to hear from them.