Head over to the main site to see all the meta data and apply online:PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
WHO is recruiting temporary administrative support staff to replenish rosters for its Head Office in Geneva.
Opportunities for longer-term positions may arise.
WHO maintains a roster of candidates willing to accept temporary contracts. Eligibility to the roster and subsequently eligibility for
contracts at the G.4 or G.5 level will depend on candidates meeting the minimum requirements for the positions, the terms of references of the assignment and the scores achieved in test and interview. Contract length is dependant upon demand at department level.
Assigned to the work area of the Department, the incumbent provides administrative support to professional staff members.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
The incumbent provides administrative support to staff in one of the work areas of the Department. As appropriate to the level of the position, the duties and responsibilities may include some of all of the following:
1. To receive, screen and distribute incoming correspondence, attaching background information or related files as necessary and forwarding to the staff concerned, drawing their attention to specific issues/problems as necessary;
2. Using on-line systems, to prepare travel plans and requests, check timetables and costs with in-house travel agent, making flight and hotel reservations, and dealing with other related matters as requested or on own initiative;
3. In collaboration with the Team Assistant and/or the Assistant to the Director, to monitor deadlines, reminding staff members of such and ensuring that correspondence and queries are responded to in a timely manner;
4. To draft replies to general and administrative correspondence on the basis of instructions or on own initiative, and finalizing such;
5. To type, edit for language and grammar, correct and format, in accordance with WHO and departmental styles, technical reports and documents, tabular materials and to assist in preparing presentations;
6. To obtain documents and information from the department and cluster staff, the administration and from other clusters, programmes and agencies/institutions as required; to perform information-resource- searches (library, internet) as requested;
7. To maintain, in close collaboration with colleagues, the work area filing system, and to maintain files for the professional staff members supported, obtaining relevant information as required;
8. To screen and receive visitors and telephone calls with tact, discretion, making appointments, answering queries and/or redirecting visitors and callers with diplomacy and courtesy, obtaining background information on the purpose of appointments;
9. To participate in the organization of team and departmental meetings, workshops, seminars, etc., and to provide assistance to other teams with the preparation of such as needed, e.g. typing list of participants, travel requests, letters of invitation, documents, photocopying and preparing briefing files, presentations and slides; and preparing the necessary documents for WHO security to ensure that identification badges are ready in a timely manner, reserving meeting rooms, dealing with hotel reservations;
10. During meetings, workshops and seminars, to provide secretarial support and assistance to participants, typing and/or amending reports and documents;
11. Follow-up on financial and budgetary issues concerning the Department/Unit, including that payments are ensured within time-limits; preparation of excel spreadsheets as required;
12. To use the Enterprise Resource Planning system (ERP); intiate actions and contracts as instructed;
13. To replace support staff as required.
To perform other related duties as required or instructed, including provision of support to other areas of work and teams or the
department, as required.