Interview

Everything about application processes, test, interviews, offers etc. Also share your success stories in this forum!
Benebe

Re: Interview

Post by Benebe » 23 May 2019, 08:08

Hi all!

I had my interview after a written test on april 10th for a consultancy with UNHCR. As of today, no feedback yet. I would assume that the selection process for a consultant should be faster than for a ft position. Do you agree? One and a half month has passed. Should I assume that they are finilizing admin procedures with the selected candidate before send me the regret letter? can I still expect a positive feedback? Thank you!

BenjaminLincoln

Post by BenjaminLincoln » 28 May 2019, 21:04

Hey Benebe,

Any feedback from the UNHCR?

BenjaminLincoln

Post by BenjaminLincoln » 28 May 2019, 21:05

Amber wrote:
19 Dec 2018, 04:20
Hi Everyone,

I had a a Skype interview after successful competency based interview.
They asked in total about 7/8 questions.
I answered 4 of them right and completely bugged down for the rest. I was like “can you repeat the question” “euh sorry I am lost” “can you give me an example”
Anyway, I am still 50/50. It wasn’t bad and I would assume that they do meet stressed and anxious candidates.
I am Hoping to still have a chance.
In your opinion, how many candidates were In the last round? And how long would it take for them to get back to me?
I did Not ask the question during the interview.
Could I still send the HR and email and ask for more details?
Thank you for your input!

Hi Amber,
Any update?

lubeto

Post by lubeto » 17 Nov 2019, 12:17

Hi Guys,

I just had a competency based interview for an UNV position. I`m worried that i failed, as i was nervous and could`t find the right words and to structure the answer in my mind for one of the four questions... I even apologized at the end, making it more awkward as it was.. i`m so pissed at myself and i wanted to ask you if someone experienced the same and failed to answer some of the questions? I wonder if i still have a chance and if they`re looking your previous experience as well, not only from the outcome of the interview...

Thanks

H.O.P

Post by H.O.P » 17 Nov 2019, 12:58

lubeto wrote:
17 Nov 2019, 12:17
Hi Guys,

I just had a competency based interview for an UNV position. I`m worried that i failed, as i was nervous and could`t find the right words and to structure the answer in my mind for one of the four questions... I even apologized at the end, making it more awkward as it was.. i`m so pissed at myself and i wanted to ask you if someone experienced the same and failed to answer some of the questions? I wonder if i still have a chance and if they`re looking your previous experience as well, not only from the outcome of the interview...

Thanks
I have had many interviews I was very nervous at and thought I failed for sure. Three, turned out positive. The first, for an internship. Second, for a UNV and lastly for a Roster position. Most times, it’s not just the interview that determines who gets a position. A lot of factors come into play from what I have become aware. You just need patience and hope for the best.
P.S: A tip for next interview, if you can’t structure an answer directly for a question, use an example of when you did that task. That always works. And that’s competency interview anyway.

lubeto

Post by lubeto » 17 Nov 2019, 13:19

Thank you so much H.O.P for the uplifting response... i really hope that i still have a chance for the position, but i doubt it... to be honest! I already had one unsuccessful interview again for an UNV position and if this one is unsuccessful, do you think i`ll have a chance for a 3th one, or they will notice that i have already failed twice? or it does not matter how many times i have failed..

H.O.P

Post by H.O.P » 17 Nov 2019, 13:38

lubeto wrote:
17 Nov 2019, 13:19
Thank you so much H.O.P for the uplifting response... i really hope that i still have a chance for the position, but i doubt it... to be honest! I already had one unsuccessful interview again for an UNV position and if this one is unsuccessful, do you think i`ll have a chance for a 3th one, or they will notice that i have already failed twice? or it does not matter how many times i have failed..
You have as many chance as possible. As long as you’re shortlisted. Fortunately, UNV is usually proposing to different UN office/location. I’ve met UNVs who have been in multiple locations/offices, as long as they are still below the maximum years of service.

lubeto

Post by lubeto » 17 Nov 2019, 13:58

I've completed my UNV assignment in June and now i'm hoping to secure a second one, do you think i've a chance for getting a second one, or it's more likely to give a chance to people without UNV experience. My assignment was for initial period of 6 months and i had two extension for a total 1.5 years, but now i'm wondering if it's a plus for me!

Many thanks

gautaminnitk

Post by gautaminnitk » 22 Nov 2019, 09:48

Hello ,

Did anyone had recent IAEA interview ?need some information.

Salanga

Post by Salanga » 04 Dec 2019, 09:30

Hi everyone,

I will be doing my competency based interview on un clinic health MANAGER .
What should I expect? Technical questions too?

I successfully did technical assessment.

Kind regards.