URGENT: P3 with 19 years experience, on which STEP of the salary grid should I be put? Hello Everyone,

Everything about application processes, test, interviews, offers etc. Also share your success stories in this forum!
BOU

URGENT: P3 with 19 years experience, on which STEP of the salary grid should I be put? Hello Everyone,

Post by BOU » 09 Jan 2019, 18:43

Hello Everyone,
I have been recently offered a P3 grade position at a UN Agency and I am at the stage of salary negotiation. Do you have an idea on which STEP of the UN salary grid should I be put ? I have 19+ years relevant experience including more than 11 years' at International Development Organizations, among which 9 years at an IFI (International Financial Institution). Your prompt feedback is highly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance

BOU

NevKen

Re: URGENT: P3 with 19 years experience, on which STEP of the salary grid should I be put? Hello Everyone,

Post by NevKen » 10 Jan 2019, 12:56

BOU wrote:
09 Jan 2019, 18:43
Hello Everyone,
I have been recently offered a P3 grade position at a UN Agency and I am at the stage of salary negotiation. Do you have an idea on which STEP of the UN salary grid should I be put ? I have 19+ years relevant experience including more than 11 years' at International Development Organizations, among which 9 years at an IFI (International Financial Institution). Your prompt feedback is highly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance

BOU
It depends how much of your 19 years of relevant experience is relevant to assessors establishing the salary step ... Just to prepare yourself you can assume they take into consideration only half of the years (approx. 10) In this case, you have in your hand the other 10 years of experience relevance to negotiate. Remember, the steps are also subject to the number of assignments you will be responsible for ...

BOU

Re: URGENT: P3 with 19 years experience, on which STEP of the salary grid should I be put? Hello Everyone,

Post by BOU » 10 Jan 2019, 17:52

Dear NevKen,

thanks a lot for your feedback. This is very useful. I haven't however understood well the last part of your response"the steps are also subject to the number of assignments you will be responsible for ...". Does this mean that the steps classification depend on the number of previous assignments I had? Could you be more specific please? Thanks
BOU

NevKen

Post by NevKen » 10 Jan 2019, 18:19

BOU wrote:
10 Jan 2019, 17:52
Dear NevKen,

thanks a lot for your feedback. This is very useful. I haven't however understood well the last part of your response"the steps are also subject to the number of assignments you will be responsible for ...". Does this mean that the steps classification depend on the number of previous assignments I had? Could you be more specific please? Thanks
BOU

No I am talking strictly about your future assignments at UN... You will be hired for known/defined assignment categorically they can be 2 or 3 but by time you may end up responsible for 2/3 more assignments. You may notice them in the subject job description in the VA.