Offer withdrawal

Everything about application processes, test, interviews, offers etc. Also share your success stories in this forum!
Eva

Offer withdrawal

Post by Eva » 25 Jan 2019, 16:05

Hi everyone;

I had a very frustrating recruitment experience with one of the un agencies.

1. Applied for SB5 position 6 months ago.
2. Invited to a written test after 2 months
3. passed the written test and invited to job interview
4. after the interview- asked to fill out the p11 form
5. reference checks etc conducted, even beneficiary form filled out
6. received an offer of employment with one single condition- medical clarification - no other warning, no other condition
7. I resigned from my existing position- waiting to start and learned that the offer is withdrawn because I did not write my employment at the time of filling out the p11 form- with the suggestion that this was misrepresentation
8. However, it was a position I just started for 2 weeks, at trial period and actually mentioned throughout the whole process of recruitment including during interviews, communication with HR etc- definitely no motivation of hiding and misrepresentation - it was omitted only because I was at trial period

So my disappointment and sadness. Can such an offer of employment with one single condition and no other warning be withdrawn without solid evidence of misrepresentation? (Can provide a strong positive reference from the indicated employer- concern to withdrawal)

Big thanksss for your response and support.

Eva

Sebastian

Re: Offer withdrawal

Post by Sebastian » 27 Jan 2019, 16:59

Hi Eva,

sadly yes - I would NEVER give notice until I have the full contract with all details signed and completed.

So sorry to hear about your experience. What happened to you is certainly not the usual case but it happens.

Good luck for the future! Sebastian
I'm Sebastian from the UN Job List. I know about the UN Job List and also a little about the UN in general.

Kanake

Re: Offer withdrawal

Post by Kanake » 05 Mar 2019, 10:04

I had an almost similar experience. I was invited for a written interview and shortly after invited for the competency based interview. One day before the competency interview i received an email telling me that i was called for the competency interview inadvertently. I was so disappointed and angry. I tried to follow up to find out why this happened and never got a response. I am so sorry for your experience.