Everything about application processes, test, interviews, offers etc. Also share your success stories in this forum!
DesertRose

Post by DesertRose » 15 Feb 2019, 20:36

I have been on the roster since 2014 and received only one interview which was very short and the interviewers seemed to be in a hury. Did not get to ask how long it would take before I hear from them. Two weeks after the interview I sent a thank you and follow up mail re-stating my interest in the job. After 3 weeks I have still not heard from the UN. This is for a job in a UN peacekeeping mission. Is this normal? Does it take this long to reply to an informal interview which they stressed it was since I passed the competency test? Thanks a lot for your answer. DesertRose

Sebastian

Re: Reply

Post by Sebastian » 17 Feb 2019, 16:52

DesertRose wrote:
15 Feb 2019, 20:36
I have been on the roster since 2014 and received only one interview which was very short and the interviewers seemed to be in a hury. Did not get to ask how long it would take before I hear from them. Two weeks after the interview I sent a thank you and follow up mail re-stating my interest in the job. After 3 weeks I have still not heard from the UN. This is for a job in a UN peacekeeping mission. Is this normal? Does it take this long to reply to an informal interview which they stressed it was since I passed the competency test? Thanks a lot for your answer. DesertRose
Unfortunately, I don't think it is "not normal" - yes, things can take quite a bit of time...
I'm Sebastian from the UN Job List. I know about the UN Job List and also a little about the UN in general.