Written Exam

Everything about application processes, test, interviews, offers etc. Also share your success stories in this forum!
Franek38

Written Exam

Post by Franek38 » 10 Mar 2019, 19:36

Hi Everyone,

After several unsuccessful applications, I have been shortlisted for a written examination for a P4 position at UNECE. Just to be sure that I prepare myself properly: the written exam seems to comprise a 35-question multiple choice test followed by a 3-question essay test (all in 90 minutes). Do you have any idea how different topics may be distributed between the 2 parts: e.g. the MCQ test is more about the UN/UNECE and the essay about the "core" activities in relation to the specific position OR all parts are usually directly targeting the "core" competencies for the position?

This is a GREAT website and forum. I just had a look at a few threads and that is particularly helpful!

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

anastasia_kouzina

Re: Written Exam

Post by anastasia_kouzina » 10 May 2019, 05:21

Franek38 wrote:
10 Mar 2019, 19:36
Hi Everyone,

After several unsuccessful applications, I have been shortlisted for a written examination for a P4 position at UNECE. Just to be sure that I prepare myself properly: the written exam seems to comprise a 35-question multiple choice test followed by a 3-question essay test (all in 90 minutes). Do you have any idea how different topics may be distributed between the 2 parts: e.g. the MCQ test is more about the UN/UNECE and the essay about the "core" activities in relation to the specific position OR all parts are usually directly targeting the "core" competencies for the position?

This is a GREAT website and forum. I just had a look at a few threads and that is particularly helpful!

Thanks a lot for your feedback.
Hi Franek! How did it go? Would you be willing to share your experience with others?
"It always seems impossible until it's done"
(c) Nelson Mandela

PAP

Re: Written Exam

Post by PAP » 15 May 2019, 08:49

I recently completed a written test. It was a 30 MCQ test. It had to be completed in 30 minutes. Questions targeted the core competencies of the position.

Hope this info is useful.