A new record? 395 days from closing to first comms

Everything about application processes, test, interviews, offers etc. Also share your success stories in this forum!
MT_UNJL

A new record? 395 days from closing to first comms

Post by MT_UNJL » 01 Apr 2019, 20:15

So, after applying in January 2018 for a senior (D1) post, I hear nothing (I mean *nothing*; nada) for 395 days. Out of the blue, last week told to prepare for an (online) written assessment test next Tuesday.

Not only that, but the invitation to the test is addressed to "Dear applicant". No apology or explanation for the delay. No title. No names. So much for the 'professionalism' value that they want us applicants to believe in. I will continue with the process, but the arrogance is unspeakable. "You want to work for us so badly, you will subject yourself to whatever humiliation we put in your way".

{and this is not actually my first bad experience. Last application (P5) I got a rejection letter after 250 days saying "JO cancelled" - also with not an item of correspondence. Pity that I was told that day by an insider that the post had been filled with an internal reappointment. Honesty? Integrity? Professionalism? You have been warned}